Welding with 4000watt generator

/ Welding with 4000watt generator
"Steel is big here"

Yeah, hopefully it'll get bigger if/when we quit relying on China so much - I saw a vid of an open hearth steel plant, made me REAL happy all our melt processes happen in either total vacuum or straight Argon environment :oops:

Domains, now if you read and understood my previous post you need to get your 100' cord and TWO SETS of male/female twist locks (unless you will ALWAYS need the full 100' to reach between generator and welder), then only ONE male/female pair of twist locks - if money's tight, one OTHER way to "get by" would be to remember NEVER to coil up extra wire unless you're NOT using the welder AT ALL... Steve
Thx... My breaker box is full but one single breaker only lights up two bulbs in the basement , I'm going to get a 30 amp single breaker and use 10 wire or 8, and in garage im going to use a 30 amp outlet, its only a 14 by 20 garage but its all i can afford at the moment

New question did not want to make a thread.... 15 amp breaker vs 20 amp breaker, I heard they are the same inside, So i went to see a friend to weigh them and the 15 is 5 grams heavier than the 20, So i guess il buy a 30amp( single pole) but going to run on a 20 amp outlet, I should be fine? bought 10 grade wire today 100feet for 190$ amazon wants 280$

Getting welder plug in a few days, can't wait to see what I can weld with generator , if stronger than 120v plug with 30 amp, il only weld with generator

Little difference not much

Last edited:
Helped a little not much, Talked with my brother thats an electrician and he said Id get about 15% stronger and looks like hes right