What Did I Purchase?

/ What Did I Purchase?
Definitely Japanese language on the nameplate/sticker.

Kubota is written many times in Japanese Katakana, which is one of two phonetic ways of writing the Japanese language.

Japanese use a version of Chinese kanji characters in their written language. Lots of kanji on the nameplate as well, which I assume are the version of characters used by Japanese.

Just mentioning this to add to the conclusion that it is a Japanese product and not Chinese.

Edit: By the way, looks like a nice tractor!
Thank you for your input.

/ What Did I Purchase? #22  
FWIW when I first looked at the picture, it reminded me very much of my Kubota B6200. But many differences, too. Yours looks more modern than mine did.

/ What Did I Purchase? #23  
Take smartphone and download Google Translate app. Let the app use phone’s camera. Point phone at Japanese signage. Read the English translation on your screen. The wizardry we carry in our pockets these days is amazing.

Last edited:
   / What Did I Purchase? #24  
IMO grey market or not it is pretty darned tough to go wrong with a Kubota of any model. You say you have a parts source via the dealer/distributor you bought it from....you are set.

/ What Did I Purchase? #25  
That's what I've got week ago. I don't know, do I really need it, but it's too late to discuss. The price paid €5400 with 1.21 m width tiller included. Lets say it'll be dedicated for some small jobs (yard mowing, firewood preparation...). It has CAT0 hitch type, which I'll transform into CAT1. If anyone has any good or bad experience with such tractor, please share.

View attachment 723623

If someone might ask me what is its brand name, I would answer I don't know. The only place with a sticker of well known brand name is on a steering wheel. But no marking anywhere else.

View attachment 723624

And here is a VIN plate, which says me nothing except engine type D905, engine power 15 hp at 2500 rpm, and max 2700 rpm.

View attachment 723626

This is indeed grey market tractor, but the company, which sold me this toy is well developed and supplies whatever parts for them.

Have I done a big mistake or not very? :unsure:
I see a sneak drive-by of another Kubota in the background:). In Canada, the price you paid for this Kubota would have been an amazingly good deal. Especially from a commercial dealer. The used tiller alone would sell for Euro1800-2000 here. Tractor itself about euro7000-8000. I have a pair of B6000's and the rear wheel arrangement is as others have noted earlier (hex shaft with pins and set screws). The GB15 seems to be in excellent condition. Congratulations!

/ What Did I Purchase? #26  
Go to Kubota's web site and read what they have to say about gray market tractors. They are pretty adamant about not supporting them. I still would have bought it though.

/ What Did I Purchase? #27  
TBN folks can correct me, but I think that's only reflective of the USA. I've had no problems getting parts from Canadian Kubota dealers for my B6000's, which are considered "Grey" in the US. And based on discussions over at OTT, there seem to be dealers that ignore that rule. Also, there are many common parts that run across the model numbers in the adjacent years so what fits a fully-supported tractor might be the exact same parts on a "Grey" one. (Gaskets, chassis parts, filters, hoses etc.) Anyway, after the warranty is over, what does it matter? You can buy parts from Messicks, or dealers outside the country. One example is mufflers for the B6000, no longer available in Canada or the USA, BUT direct replacement is available in Europe. There is a big world out there, and zillions of B6000's in Europe + Asia. Now, if I could only find the oil bath air filter bowl....

/ What Did I Purchase? #28  
Hi all, a Kiwi mate I follow on YT just got a similar tractor to this. He has released three videos so far. They may be interesting to the OP plus others in this discussion. A bit of chat about the grey market in them too.

The first in the series is here:

/ What Did I Purchase? #30  
Nice tractor you did not make a mistake could be good for your wife learning on or grandkids or kids whoever I would have bought it😃