What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today?

Doofy

Elite Member
Tractor
LS XR 3135HC
We did the same, I added a rubber stall mat cut to size from TSC to the floor, it mad a huge positive difference in foot stability and tool retention.
Great idea. I just plan on using a piece of plywood covered with indoor/outdoor carpet.

papachaz

Gold Member
Tractor
LS XG 3025 shuttle w/LL 3110 FEL
reclaimed 10-12 ft of yard space on one of our rental properties, then prepped a driveway/park area, loaded and delivered 2 dump trailer loads of asphalt millings to be accompanied by one more in the morning, then will spread them. gotta love that flail mower attachment for clearing these over grown areas

Attachments

• IMG_7115.JPG
    IMG_7115.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_7110.JPG
    IMG_7110.JPG
    5.9 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_7113.JPG
    IMG_7113.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 29

Cycledude

Platinum Member
Tractor
LS XR4155, Ford 6610, Ford 8n
Used rear blade to grade my driveway turned out pretty good.
Greased tractor and loader with brandnew grease gun bought from LocknLube not very impressed , the hose is to short, the LocknLube tip doesn’t work worth crap on some of the loader fittings , tomorrow I’m going shopping for a decent standard adjustable grease tip.

papachaz

Gold Member
Tractor
Greased tractor and loader with brandnew grease gun bought from LocknLube not very impressed , the hose is to short, the LocknLube tip doesn’t work worth crap on some of the loader fittings , tomorrow I’m going shopping for a decent standard adjustable grease tip.
I have found that locknlube doesn't work well on several fittings, if they are encased in a housing of sorts, it doesn't fit in very well on a lot of them

Bearsixty7

Platinum Member
Tractor
LS MT240HE. JD LA145.
I have posted it on here somewhere, but you need this one. It fits all the zerks on my LS including the backhoe.

Macnaught KY Plus Locking Safety Grease Coupler - Smallest Diameter Bore on Market - 2 Year Warranty

karatecop

Tractor
LS GX3135
Fixed a hydraulic leak at my WR Long third function valve. Thought it was an oring boss fitting. Just by chance after taking it off from the bracket I worked my three point hitch to see if I could confirm the source of the leak. I did. It was coming from the allen screws on the side of the valve body. Tightened them and cleared it right up. I’ve never used the third function valve in the 250 hours of tractor use but all 4 screws had worked themselves loose. I recommend checking them every 100 hours or so.

Attachments

• B41D42AE-4276-4153-989A-FE4A34ADB1DA.jpeg
    B41D42AE-4276-4153-989A-FE4A34ADB1DA.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 28
  • C1A0A45A-9637-4E74-9DBD-BF3CD7457998.jpeg
    C1A0A45A-9637-4E74-9DBD-BF3CD7457998.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 28

papachaz

Gold Member
Tractor
this was yesterday, I did get that driveway/parking area finished

Attachments

• IMG_7119.JPG
    IMG_7119.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 27

sodamo

Super Star Member
Tractor
LS XR4140H (CK30hST recently sold)
Very nice, Mike. Any link for info?

charles todd

Gold Member
Tractor
LS P7010C, Farmall 504, Allis Chalmers 180, Komatsu PC38UU-2
Picked up a load of limbs with pallet forks and burned the pile.

CT

#2,264  
OP
Diggin It

Diggin It

Super Star Member
Tractor
LS MT125 TLBM
Postulating .....

I'm within striking distance of paying this thing off. If I keep on my current schedule, I'll be done by next March at the latest. I could kick it up another few bucks a month and be done by December. I could just pay the balance, but that would be a knock on the checking account.

But I just got some 'convenience checks' in the mail from one of my CCs. 4% fee on whatever amount I use, but no interest until 7/23.

Interest rate on the loan is 2.74 which should be going to 3.24 in the next few days due to the Fed Hike. At the new rate, the monthly interest will be around $10-15/mo, or about $100-$120 if I run until March. Balance transfer fee would be in the $75-80 range.

Is the $25-30 (or so) savings worth the transaction? The bonus is that I could cut my monthly obligation in half and have another few months to pay it off with no interest.

Avenger

Veteran Member
Tractor
LS XR4145C
Personally, if you could swing it, pay it off in full now. Things might be tight this month, but you'll save you entire payment next month. Being debt free is amazing! Especially in these times. But that's your money and your situation, not mine.

Avenger

Veteran Member
Tractor
LS XR4145C
I got a call from the New Holland dealership Saturday, said that my rear glass window has finally come in! Got it installed last night with the help of a friend. Its so nice to have a full enclosed cab again, and not worry about tarping the tractor anymore! Only took about 9 weeks for the glass to come in! :cautious:

RSR

Platinum Member
Tractor
LS XR4145HC
I'm with avenger. The best kind of interest is the type you earn, not pay. Whether you are paying a lot, or a little after refinancing/moving things around, at the end of the day you are still paying interest. Do yourself a favor and pay it off.

Think of it this way, if you pay it off now your checking account may be a little light in the near term. But, all things being equal, your checking account will be a lot FULLER come next year, than if you keep making payments on it until then.

sodamo

Super Star Member
Tractor
LS XR4140H (CK30hST recently sold)
Have to agree with RSR and Avenger. A few years ago we made the decision to get everything paid off and I restructured our budget accordingly. A few months were rather tight, but they passed and we survived. Of course we will never be completely debt free due to things like property taxes, now our biggest obligation. So as a result when wife’s new BX is ready to be delivered I get to write a check because this past year I’ve been able to save that money. So end of this week or next wife will have a shiny new BX, savings account much smaller, but no obligatory payments in future. Can I say it’s a nice feeling?

For those curious as to why the Bx, there is another thread detailing how the BX ended up a better buy then MT125 by a significant amount.

Yjmoose

Tractor
Ls Mt 2 25 hydro
Today mine is serving duty as the most expensive saw horse I have ever seen, but those pallet forks are so quick!
Also, I need to figure out why my 3-point won’t drop. The adjustment knob is backed all the way off )it actually came out, which makes me think it’s not actually backing the adjustment out). I am wondering if I loctite it and put it back on if it will hold?

LS Tractor Owner

Tractor
LS XG3025 TLB, Previously MT125 TLB, Craftsman GTS6500
Today mine is serving duty as the most expensive saw horse I have ever seen, but those pallet forks are so quick!
Also, I need to figure out why my 3-point won’t drop. The adjustment knob is backed all the way off )it actually came out, which makes me think it’s not actually backing the adjustment out). I am wondering if I loctite it and put it back on if it will hold?
The 3 point knob actually doesn't turn anything..... as you screw it in or out, it regulates the size of the passage for the oil.

DO NOT LOCTITE IT! Do you have any weight on the 3 point? They won't go down without any weight on it.

Do you have any remotes.... if one of those is moved, it will also stop the 3 point.

Yjmoose

Tractor
Ls Mt 2 25 hydro
Well, it wasn’t the rear remotes. Pretty sure that knob isn’t supposed to spin all the way off. I may call the dealer tomorrow and get his take on it, before I pull the seat to see what’s going on.
thank you for the input.

Mud2Money

Tractor
Lb2202, 63’ 630 COM, MF85, MT573cps
Moved a large shed to build a new foundation for it. Then adding 14’ leans to each side and re siding it. Used the 573 and a mini ex for all the work.

Attachments

• 46848F06-251B-454D-B964-C0EB7E9F6443.jpeg
    46848F06-251B-454D-B964-C0EB7E9F6443.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 26

BakoJ

Tractor
2021 LS MT2 25S
Spread 7 cu yards of gravel for my front yard xeriscape project. Then drove next door and helped the neighbors out by spreading 4 cu yards of topsoil.