What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today?

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,971  
Changed the oil/filter in the 4155HC this evening getting ready for a day of brush hogging. Afterwards I fired it up an let it idle in the shop for a few minutes while putting tools away. When I came back to it I noticed a pretty good oil leak coming from under the filter so I shut it down and pulled the filter back off. The oil filter is a bit hard to see as it is behind the FEL upright and quick connect valves. Shure enough a stray blade of Johnson grass had managed to get under the seal.

20210819_194338[1].jpg

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,973  
Summer sun was a bit brutal but wanted to get the trench dug. Started searching for some universal canopies when I remembered I had one of these up in the attic not in use. Fits perfectly on the hinge for the ROPS and a large hose clamp secures it in place. Can add it or remove it in less than 2 minutes. Solid solution for what was a $40 purchase years ago. Maybe I'll see if I can find a blue one to match the tractor instead.

Attachments

• image000000 (8).jpg
    image000000 (8).jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 95
   / What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,974  
I bought one for that purpose too, just haven't used it yet. Hadn't thought about using a hose clamp, thanks for the tip.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,975  
Didn't really like some of the factory switch locations so I moved the PTO, linked pedal, and cruise switches to the right hand console.
PXL_20210821_191716496.jpg
PXL_20210821_191711814.jpg

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,976  
I love that idea! How much of a PITA was that?!
And what did you do with the spaces left behind on the dash?

White wire on your door?

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,977  
I love that idea! How much of a PITA was that?!
And what did you do with the spaces left behind on the dash?

White wire on your door?

It wasn't too bad. I think it was 10 wires total of I remember right and a couple hours. Labeling the wires and switches made it fairly easy and I wrote it all down for future reference.

The right console has blank plates so I moved those to the dash. The PTO hole I had a black plug to put in there.

The white wine is for a tablet that I use as an engine monitor/gauges.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,978  
Didn't do anything really constructive.
Set up a fueling station in my barn. This way I can keep 50g of diesel on hand then just fill up with out spilling.
The drum is off the ground and way from everything that could be an issue.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,979  
Been busy with the LS lately. Never enough time to post much.

Did a little clean up a few days ago. Amazing what a few hours can do with the right equipment.

20210823_140807.jpg

The Wicked Twin hauling rocks.

20210823_154514.jpg

The power rake leveling, sorting and windrowing rocks.

20210823_162451.jpg

And a few passes to clean up.

20210823_203120.jpg

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,980  
Found some bob wire. The power rake excels at rolling up wire.

20210823_163057.jpg

Took a solid hour to get all that out.

20210823_164742.jpg