What do you do with stump once removed?

/ What do you do with stump once removed? #21  
Just push it into the woods and forget about it. Excellent berm foundation material, though.

/ What do you do with stump once removed? #22  
If you have enough brush and limbs to pile on top of it you can start a fire that will keep burning till it is almost completely burned to ash. The flames will die down but the hot embers will keep heating and reignite the flames for weeks.

/ What do you do with stump once removed? #23  
Don't forget if you bury it the ground will keep sinking for years as it decomposes.

/ What do you do with stump once removed? #24  
So I took out a 12 inch stump the other day and with its roots, that's over two feet in diameter. Moved it to the fire pit but it's taking longer than expected to burn (it's been dead and cut down a few years ago). What do you do with your removed stumps?
I am guessing your rootball is still full of dirt. This will cause it to burn slowly and may even cause it to stop burning.
increase your heat factor by introducing a breeze. An old fan works well in you have access to 120 volts near your burn pile. If not a leaf blower works.

/ What do you do with stump once removed? #25  
Drill a bunch of holes into the top of it, fill them with gas or diesel, light 'er up.
Lots of videos on youtube showing this method. Here's one:

/ What do you do with stump once removed? #26  
So I took out a 12 inch stump the other day and with its roots, that's over two feet in diameter. Moved it to the fire pit but it's taking longer than expected to burn (it's been dead and cut down a few years ago). What do you do with your removed stumps?
I drill it full of holes, saturate it with old oil mixed with diesel and light it up again. Eventually, it disappears.

/ What do you do with stump once removed? #27  
I dig a hole!
Just one of the many things my backhoe can do.
I bury stumps that I can't lift.
Just dig, and roll stump in the hole.

/ What do you do with stump once removed? #28  
I have enough land that I make stump piles. The critters like them for a place to hide!

/ What do you do with stump once removed? #29  
Don't forget if you bury it the ground will keep sinking for years as it decomposes.
My stumps are mostly locust.
Will take at least 75 years for them to decompose.
I'm 80.

/ What do you do with stump once removed? #30  
Next time grind it out