What do you do with stump once removed?

/ What do you do with stump once removed? #51  
Make "cookie" tabletops. I sawed these on my sawmill from a pine stump. Fine someone with a mill and make great gifts or sell them.

IMG_0784.JPG
IMG_0785.JPG
IMG_0788.JPG

/ What do you do with stump once removed? #52  
Makes good fencing in the back forty

/ What do you do with stump once removed? #53  
Try to store it upside down near the brush pile so rain chips away at the dirt rootball. It will usually burn within 3 or 4 bonfires if the rootball eventually gets clean enough.

/ What do you do with stump once removed? #55  
One of ours is sitting in the creek overflow area and just rotting. Too large and uneven to do much with it. Have piled other tree parts in various gullies we have, but this one stump is just too big and uneven to do much other than push it around with the FEL.

/ What do you do with stump once removed? #56  
You guys beat me to it. Clean it up - set it out on the county road with a For Sale sign. Somebody is bound to come along and steal it.
Hmm. Get a box big enough for it and put it in it and place on porch. Put appropriate mailing labels, etc. on it. Let porch theves get it.

/ What do you do with stump once removed? #57  
So I took out a 12 inch stump the other day and with its roots, that's over two feet in diameter. Moved it to the fire pit but it's taking longer than expected to burn (it's been dead and cut down a few years ago). What do you do with your removed stumps?

Here is what I do with smaller stumps:

.jpg

/ What do you do with stump once removed? #58  
I drill a few 1" holes in them before I put them in my burn pit. They burn up a lot faster that way.

/ What do you do with stump once removed? #59  
Long ago I burned one of my huge P. pine stumps - in place. It burned for days. Eventually I had a "smoker" about 30 feet away from this stump. The fire had burned down one of the larger roots.

I quit burning stumps. Besides, all my stumps are way out on the property where nobody can see them. And - I have neither the time or patience to dig out a stump on a 30" to 38" pine tree.

/ What do you do with stump once removed? #60  
Just push it into the woods and forget about it. Excellent berm foundation material, though.
That's what I generally do, along with fallen branches and other tree trimmings. It'll rot down eventually.
Take it out on the ice. ;)

That's what a lot of conservation clubs do with old Christmas trees.
Wouldn't it be easier to chip old Christmas trees? That's what they do around here.