What???? Dog food can't be this expensive!!!!

/ What???? Dog food can't be this expensive!!!! #21  
Tractor Supply also sells Purina. It's OK. Looking on their website, prices seem to be half of what you posted.

We buy Munster kibble for our dogs, but also make our own dog food. As mentioned by others, our meat market sells scraps for a great price. We also buy chicken breasts, pork loin, hamburger and whatever we can find that's affordable. We also shoot hogs, butcher our chickens and goats for dog food.

/ What???? Dog food can't be this expensive!!!! #22  
9.1% my a$$. Double the number and add 10% and you might get the real number.

mark
Just watched an interview with the former Chairman of the Council of Economic Advisors. He said the 9.1% number includes the last 12 months during which prices were just starting to increase, but over the last two months, the rate of inflation on the things people buy from day to day is 32%. He said the real issue is the velocity at which the rate of inflation is increasing.

/ What???? Dog food can't be this expensive!!!! #23  
Inflation numbers just released

9.1% June inflation
Worst in 40+ years!

Counted by the same people that counted 81 million. When prices are up 20 percent on the low end and some products 100 percent or more how the heck do they arrive at 9 percent?

/ What???? Dog food can't be this expensive!!!! #24  
By using a 12 months average that lags far behind the rate of price increases going on since fuel prices went way up.

And there has always been a debate on the accuracy of the method of calculation.

/ What???? Dog food can't be this expensive!!!! #25  
Prices going down around here..........

/ What???? Dog food can't be this expensive!!!! #26  
Has anyone else noticed an increase in dogs being put up for adoption either in the want ads or at shelters?

I've noticed lately some people trying to rehome some nice looking dogs that appear to be indoor family pets, not outdoor mongrels.
All the "covid" pets to keep you company while you were stuck at home.

/ What???? Dog food can't be this expensive!!!! #27  
Counted by the same people that counted 81 million. When prices are up 20 percent on the low end and some products 100 percent or more how the heck do they arrive at 9 percent?
Common core math They went to the same classes as insurance agents, cell phone, and satellite TV sales people.

/ What???? Dog food can't be this expensive!!!! #28  
Just remember, the basic cost of living isn't included in the inflation rate; fuel, food, things of that nature.

Pet food is going up in price, but at least your pet will eat it. The a-hole parrot 6 feet in front of me will only eat 'real' food; if he doesn't see us eating it it's not good enough for him. He's lucky that he's an heirloom, and that I love his stupid green arse.

/ What???? Dog food can't be this expensive!!!! #29  
Doofy - that misconception - "Alaska is a foreign country" - still continues. OR this - "we ship free to everywhere EXCEPT Alaska and Hawaii". I guess you have to accept that it goes with the territory.
New Mexico is often a foreign country, too.

Bruce

/ What???? Dog food can't be this expensive!!!! #30  
Speaking of dog food...here is a picture of my pack. The springer is the finest field bred springer I have ever met in my life. If I don't go hunting, she will retrieve birds anyway, and it's not uncommon to come home with more birds than I shot. She has brought me 6 doves in the last 2 months.

The standard poodle is a gift. I'm training her as a truffe dog, but it's a nuisance because training is, at most, 3 months long during really rotten weather.

The Rhodesian Ridgeback belongs to some neighbors. They work 12 hour shifts, so drop the dog off in the kennel in the morning and pick him up in the evening. It has been very interesting getting to know a South African lion hound. Huge, strong, calm, and affectionate.

Attachments

• dogs.jpg
    dogs.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 64