What DON'T You Like About Your New LS

/ What DON'T You Like About Your New LS #11  
The only thing that irritates me on my 2012 g3033, is the lift height of the FEL. Not nearly high enough to reach the top shelves of the storage racks in my barn. I rigged up a boom to fit on the front forks, but that is just barely workable.

Mechanically, it has been flawless, since it was bought new.

/ What DON'T You Like About Your New LS #12  
Kubota was my first choice by far. But I couldn't find a dealer worth a flip. They were all trying to run a game, made me feel like a pork chop, dismissive, arrogant and skimming the edge of truthfulness. This to a guy that has a Beacon Score of 870 with the 'auto bump' (under the old system).

To be fair, I only tried two of them. I believe that kind of attitude trickles down from the OEM.

If I could have found one that I could deal with, I would put them back into first place. LS isn't a 'second choice' I just kinda like them a little better.

That could all change. Dealers are a different breed, it seems to me.

I went to buy a Ford Super Duty couple years ago. I was always a Ford guy. But the Dealer I drove 200 miles to see was such an incredible jerk, I ended up buying a Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel.

I made a copy of the order and mailed it to the General Manager, thanking him for the truly terrible service.

It's amazing to me how people who are in the Customer Service Business seem to manage to treat their Customers, their only reason to exist, like pond scum.

Thanks for your well wishes and I also wish you the best.

customer service is a long gone commodity. Non existent in most of the world now. sad but true.....

/ What DON'T You Like About Your New LS #13  
The only thing that irritates me on my 2012 g3033, is the lift height of the FEL. Not nearly high enough to reach the top shelves of the storage racks in my barn. I rigged up a boom to fit on the front forks, but that is just barely workable.

Mechanically, it has been flawless, since it was bought new.

Good point -- LS is known for that and I had forgotten it. That ends up making their loaders have higher lift ratings on paper, but in reality they just get rated at a lower height.

/ What DON'T You Like About Your New LS #14  
Hard to point to a significant complaint. I have a very small tractor but I think it could have done better on creature comforts. I wish there were arm rests, the loader stick is too short, the turnbuckles on the 3 point are a hassle, etc. All these problems have relatively easy fixes but it would have been nice if it were worked out by the manufacturers. I say manufacturers because all these issues were on every model in the class.

Which goes to your point about letdowns. LS is competing on specs whereas the big brands are running on name recognition (this was my impression after visiting every major brand I could find in my area). My tractor does not define me to my friends, it just does work around my property. That work depends on the specs of the machine so my choice came down to physical size, lifting power, simplicity, and dealer stability. LS took the cake on those fronts and had the best pricing by far.

/ What DON'T You Like About Your New LS
Hard to point to a significant complaint. I have a very small tractor but I think it could have done better on creature comforts. I wish there were arm rests, the loader stick is too short, the turnbuckles on the 3 point are a hassle, etc. All these problems have relatively easy fixes but it would have been nice if it were worked out by the manufacturers. I say manufacturers because all these issues were on every model in the class.

Which goes to your point about letdowns. LS is competing on specs whereas the big brands are running on name recognition (this was my impression after visiting every major brand I could find in my area). My tractor does not define me to my friends, it just does work around my property. That work depends on the specs of the machine so my choice came down to physical size, lifting power, simplicity, and dealer stability. LS took the cake on those fronts and had the best pricing by far.

If you don't mind all that much..... Can you give us an idea of what and how you fixed some of these shortcomings?

Thanks in advance

/ What DON'T You Like About Your New LS #16  
Hard to point to a significant complaint. I have a very small tractor but I think it could have done better on creature comforts. I wish there were arm rests, the loader stick is too short, the turnbuckles on the 3 point are a hassle, etc.

Mine is ... smaller. I have armrests, that fold up and down. My stick is fine, if anything maybe a bit too long, but not an issue. Turnbuckles seem fine to me.

In my view, LS beat all the others in all regards OTHER than a local dealer. It's only 80 miles though and no more difficult to get to than many of the others. Plus, nobody near me had ever heard of this brand and I like to be different.

/ What DON'T You Like About Your New LS #17  
If you don't mind all that much..... Can you give us an idea of what and how you fixed some of these shortcomings?

Thanks in advance
Just finished changing out the loader stick so it is a little more comfortable. Still working on the turnbuckle issue (likely some quick attach ends). Seats are available at the local tsc. I'll see if i can post a pic of the new stick. Bottom line is if i never "fixed" these issues I'd still be a happy tractor owner at this point. 20181231_182538.jpeg

/ What DON'T You Like About Your New LS #18  
Also I went and got a shorter key made after banging my knee on it and bending it. Again, super small issue. 20181231_185849.jpeg

/ What DON'T You Like About Your New LS #20  
Haven't reached out. My dealer is a bit out of my way so they'll likely be lower on my list. Online has limitless options as well. Again, these issues are hardly worth addressing.