What have you done to your Branson today?

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,001  
Very recently ( 8hr on it now) got a 2505H Branson with a FEL and BH. Love this little tractor. Great size and does everything well...for what I need. It came in handy a few day after I got it. My other tractors do not have a BH, and I would have been so screwed.
The power to my well house went out and I needed to retrench the wires. The 2505 did the digging in a few hours. Would have been quicker, but I was learning to use the BH on the job.

IMG_20220101_134955_01[1].jpg
PXL_20211228_004341266[1].jpg

Last edited:
   / What have you done to your Branson today? #1,002  
Nice job Vern and congratulations on the new tractor! Looks nice in the barn backed up by those Yanmars.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,003  
Had an easy job this morning for her, my barrel of coal ash was getting full, so dumped them in the bucket and spread them on the driveway.
Also got a couple of pictures for the self leveling loader thread.

barrel was about full;
barrel of ash.jpg

didn't make much in the bucket;
bucket of ash.jpg

My self leveling bucket at full curl;
full curl 1.jpg

full curl 2.jpg

and at full dump;

full dump 1.jpg

full dump 4.jpg

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,005  
Used mine to move a tote full of firewood yesterday.

Sure is handy to have the pallet fork attachment, which enables me to have my own "forklift" on call whenever I need it.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,006  
Yesterday I installed a hydraulic top link on my 4820R. With all the rain and snow lately, everything is a sloppy mess and I can't do much with the tractor. At least the chainsaws run and trees get cut but will wait to move to the burn pile.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,007  
Driving the Branson 5520Ch around the property and mowing some grass. Deferred mowing. I avoid cutting the grass during spring and summer on the back field, allowing wildlife to prosper. Mow it down in winter, limiting tall plants from invading savannah. A few years in to turning this neglected field of Mesquite and Bermuda into native grasses (Buffalo, Blue Grama, Side Oats, etc.). Keeps taxes low, good for the land, and good for hunting.

Bought this Branson when the 5520 was first released. Range selector on the new 4-speed stuck within a few months, but the dealer fixed that as a warranty item. Haven't had any issues since. Love the tractor. LED lights are a mod, and have cameras to mount in the future.

Dealer is up near Waco. Epperson. Family-owned. Great folks!

Attachments

• 20211231_162104.jpg
    20211231_162104.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 83
   / What have you done to your Branson today? #1,009  
I'm a big fan of self-leveling loaders... The BL200 SL is definitely worth the extra cost (approx ~$1K) when buying bundled with the tractor. No worries when lifting anything using bucket, forks, grapple, etc. Without self-leveling, wrist work on the joystick keeps your load from spilling, but not all tractors allow curling and lifting concurrently, making the action a bit less smooth. Self-leveling is a mechanical feature, no electronics, can't fail unless something on the loader breaks, and then you've got bigger problems. I'm not in a tractor everyday, so any cheats are welcome to keep me from making an error.

I don't think dealers do enough to get these into the market. Customers don't ask for it, but many customers looking at compact tractors don't know to ask.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,010  
Nice machine; I do wish my dealer could get something resembling an inventory. They never seem to have any Branson's or X.1 McCormick's in stock; what they do get in is the large Italian made machines. Such is life I suppose.