What have you done to your Branson today?

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,471  
   / What have you done to your Branson today? #1,472  
that was a good price.
Indeed, at first I thought it was really high, then I spent 2 hours looking for cheaper. The cheapest one I found was $785 plus $35 shipping plus tax.
Here was 700 no tax(I have AG exempt), no shipping, just 15 minutes drive each way.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,473  
A guy has a 2020 Branson 4820R, manufactured date of 7/2020. He gutted the dog and turned the fuel up half turn. Runs very well and barely puffs a bit of smoke when cracking the throttle open fast. Since doing so, the dpf light and check engine light is on. At first it was just the check engine light. Then he disconnected the dpf control box and both lights came on. Along with loss of gauges. Connected the dpf box and gauges work but now the check engine and dpf light is on. Don't think there is much to worry about with the lights sense this is a mechanically injected engine.

Reason I'm asking is I have the same tractor and was thinking of doing this to mine. Is there a way to clear the check engine and dpf lights? Or just don't worry about them?

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,474  
A guy has a 2020 Branson 4820R, manufactured date of 7/2020. He gutted the dog and turned the fuel up half turn. Runs very well and barely puffs a bit of smoke when cracking the throttle open fast. Since doing so, the dpf light and check engine light is on. At first it was just the check engine light. Then he disconnected the dpf control box and both lights came on. Along with loss of gauges. Connected the dpf box and gauges work but now the check engine and dpf light is on. Don't think there is much to worry about with the lights sense this is a mechanically injected engine.

Reason I'm asking is I have the same tractor and was thinking of doing this to mine. Is there a way to clear the check engine and dpf lights? Or just don't worry about them?
On the new 2020 and on models, the DPF datta logger got integrated with the gauges, hence why they won't work with the thing unplugged.

As far as the lights go, it will always keep the lights on because the DPF is gutted and differential pressure it's not what it needs to see. It won't cause any issues other that me be annoying keep watching those lights on in the corner of the eye, at least for me it would.

One way to get rid of those lights could be by figuring out the pin out for the plug/connector in the back of the dashboard, unpin those pins for those lines and isolate them.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,475  
On the new 2020 and on models, the DPF datta logger got integrated with the gauges, hence why they won't work with the thing unplugged.

As far as the lights go, it will always keep the lights on because the DPF is gutted and differential pressure it's not what it needs to see. It won't cause any issues other that me be annoying keep watching those lights on in the corner of the eye, at least for me it would.

One way to get rid of those lights could be by figuring out the pin out for the plug/connector in the back of the dashboard, unpin those pins for those lines and isolate them.
Thanks! I agree the lights would be annoying. Even if they are dummy lights. I told him the same thing about finding which wires go to the gauges from the plug in the data logger. Then unpin the others that are for the dpf system. Or just unplug the dog and check engine light on the back of the dash.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,476  
I wonder what the signal is on the wires for the plug. Some particular resistance that changes as the DPF gets clogged? Maybe all that's needed is a resistor...

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,477  
Worked on servicing my Branson today. It's been past due unfortunately, but with health circumstances this year, it's just been sitting for the most part. I haven't taken any work with it this summer (mowing). I don't think I've put 5 hours on it since at least March.

Anyway, got most of the way through it today. Engine oil + filter, hydraulic (HST) oil + filter, air filters, and coolant are done. Still have to do fuel filter tomorrow (clear plastic bowl filter/separator), tried to get that off by hand today and it won't budge. Having only one good hand (and one weak one) isn't helping, I'm sure. Going to try a small filter wrench (rubber strap type) tomorrow. Don't want to crack that plastic bowl. Then it's just greasing everything and done.

Amazing how much all that wiped me out today. Lol.

Then I think I'll get the snow blower swapped on to the 3 pt and get it ready for snow. I need to flip the cutting edge back over (so it's bevel is down, not up) and get some Edge Tamers ordered for it. I doubt I'll need the tractor for anything before it starts snowing, as mowing season is winding down here anyway. May hold off on putting the bucket on yet, as the forks are more likely to be useful yet.

I didn't take any pictures today, but I guess I could tomorrow. Not sure how interesting they would be?

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,478  
You'd think there would be a lube to put on the plastic bowl filter so it wouldn't freeze up, but I can't think of what it would be. Wonder if diesel fuel makes the plastic swell up and stick like that?

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,479  
So it was the front diff pinion seal leaking and moving all the way back through the driveshaft cover and leaking on the cover plate with the cotter pin?

Wondering if the backplate between the engine and the bell housing is loose and causing issues.
Well the mystery of the clutch adjustment is over. Good news is I no longer suspect anything loose.

The adjustment rod was stretching and finally broke. Wonder how much the linkage will cost. :ROFLMAO:

IMG_1951.jpeg

IMG_1952.jpeg

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,480  
Well the mystery of the clutch adjustment is over. Good news is I no longer suspect anything loose.

The adjustment rod was stretching and finally broke. Wonder how much the linkage will cost. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 821744
View attachment 821745
Ha! That will do it. At least it wasn't something loose between the engine and the transmission!

I think this is the correct part number: TA00054036A