What have you done to your Branson today?

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #831  
Well, last weekend I had to park my tractor because the steering cylinder was leaking pretty bad. Did some research and I got some bits n’ pieces that Branson has an “updated” cylinder that is better designed so I called Dave’s Tractors in Red Bluff to order a replacement. Anyone else ever have leaks/issues from the steering cylinder? Mine’s a 3520h.

Hope to get it very soon so I can replace it and do the 500 hour hydraulic oil & filter, engine oil & filter, belt, air filter, and get her back out working ASAP.

I also plan to weld tabs on top of my Titan forks and drill & install 3ph lower pins to enable me to use it on both ends of the tractor so I can move IBC totes for firewood.
There was a cylinder that Branson will send out under warranty. It is for the 20 series but I do not know how to tell which one. You might ask Dave if it is the one they are replacing at no charge. I do not think it includes labor.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #832  
There was a cylinder that Branson will send out under warranty. It is for the 20 series but I do not know how to tell which one. You might ask Dave if it is the one they are replacing at no charge. I do not think it includes labor.

Even if it’s out of warranty?

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #834  
   / What have you done to your Branson today? #835  
I haven't seen anything obvious on mine (410 hours) but I'll look specifically there for leakage...

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #836  
Well, last weekend I had to park my tractor because the steering cylinder was leaking pretty bad. Did some research and I got some bits n’ pieces that Branson has an “updated” cylinder that is better designed so I called Dave’s Tractors in Red Bluff to order a replacement. Anyone else ever have leaks/issues from the steering cylinder? Mine’s a 3520h.

Hope to get it very soon so I can replace it and do the 500 hour hydraulic oil & filter, engine oil & filter, belt, air filter, and get her back out working ASAP.
Screen Shot 2021-04-17 at 6.24.24 PM.png

I also plan to weld tabs on top of my Titan forks and drill & install 3ph lower pins to enable me to use it on both ends of the tractor so I can move IBC totes for firewood.
Aquamoose, my 2016 3520H also has the leaking cylinder. My dealer wouldn't warranty it so on principle I refuse to order and pay for the replacement... yet. So it continues to leak as I get used to the idea of paying for something that was a known defect. Maybe I'll call them again and plead my case.

Regarding mounting the pallet forks on the 3-point, I bought the adapter from Titan simply because I don't have a welder and other metal working equipment. Another someday thing. I think the adapter cost about $140. Here's the pallet forks on the 3-point... you can see some IBC totes to the right in the distance. They're wrapped in black plastic so algae doesn't grow in the water that's stored in them.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #837  
Hey Bob,
Do you have a link for that 3 point hitch kwik attach adaptor?

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #838  
   / What have you done to your Branson today? #839  
Bushwacking and pulverizing poison oak into the ground in advance of the new deer fencing, moving brush piles and logs from a tree takedown, and using the FEL to lift the Cub so I could change the belt:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 9.28.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 9.28.20 AM.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 95
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 9.29.14 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 9.29.14 AM.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 94
   / What have you done to your Branson today? #840  
*pulverizing* poison oak? that sounds lethal.
I usually pull it out (try to get as much of the running roots as I can, keeps it from coming back) and wash up quick, I'd be concerned that some juice would get aerosolized or something

I just changed the (drive) belt on our lawn tractor a couple weeks ago; jacked up the rear end and put a few blocks under the front wheels... and then still had to lie on the ground to do the job...