What have you done to your Branson today?

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #961  
Nice Bob! Let us know how you like the Piranha.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #962  
O man we love those piranha bars here wonderful products, btw love your airstream.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #963  
I've had a ptb on my 3520 almost since new.
This time of year, I can uproot much brush and many smaller trees with it because the ptb's serrations will bite and grab onto the trunks, they either just get pulled out as I drive forward or I curl the bucket and up they go.
Definitely helps with digging in as well, probably because the initial bite into the dirt is concentrated in a smaller area.
Last but not least, it makes an awesome looking bruise when you smack your shin into it.

The only drawback I've found is that my clamp-on trailer hitch doesn't fit perfectly with it on, and I can't be arsed to take the ptb off to use the hitch for three minutes, so I tolerate it swinging a bit. Also, the ratchet rake doesn't fit over it. This is only a minor concern because though I bought both at the same time, I've found the back-dragging (gently, of course, let's not get into that here) with the ptb accomplishes enough that I almost never use the RR... though that's partially because I have to remove the ptb to use the rr, of course...

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #964  
Just finished modifying my back blade by adding hydraulics to change the angle from the seat. Love it! Will post pics in the proper sub-forum, likely customization.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #965  
Nice Bob! Let us know how you like the Piranha.

I like the toothbar so far but the damn masticator kept beating me to the scrub brush. :) Seriously it really works well uprooting and shearing off scrub.

O man we love those piranha bars here wonderful products, btw love your airstream.

Yup, so far so good on the toothbar. The Airstream is a 2006 which we bought in 2015. It was half as much as a new one. It's said they retain their value pretty well but that's only relative to travel trailers generally. I can't imagine buying one new. The main dwelling on the property is a 600 square foot 1 bedroom 1 bath apartment so we needed additional accomodations and this was a fraction of the cost of a tiny house.

I've had a ptb on my 3520 almost since new.
This time of year, I can uproot much brush and many smaller trees with it because the ptb's serrations will bite and grab onto the trunks, they either just get pulled out as I drive forward or I curl the bucket and up they go.
Definitely helps with digging in as well, probably because the initial bite into the dirt is concentrated in a smaller area.
Last but not least, it makes an awesome looking bruise when you smack your shin into it.

The only drawback I've found is that my clamp-on trailer hitch doesn't fit perfectly with it on, and I can't be arsed to take the ptb off to use the hitch for three minutes, so I tolerate it swinging a bit. Also, the ratchet rake doesn't fit over it. This is only a minor concern because though I bought both at the same time, I've found the back-dragging (gently, of course, let's not get into that here) with the ptb accomplishes enough that I almost never use the RR... though that's partially because I have to remove the ptb to use the rr, of course...

I'm glad to hear it improves digging. Not so glad to hear about the shindigs... it's only a matter of time. :)

I have a FEL trailer hitch attachment so hopefully I don't discover any downside to having the toothbar on.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #966  
Well on the upside, it should only take a couple of shin whacks from the tooth bar to teach you to lower the bucket all the way to the ground.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #967  
Well on the upside, it should only take a couple of shin whacks from the tooth bar to teach you to lower the bucket all the way to the ground.
😄

Unfortunately for me I'm not the kind of guy who learns from the mistakes of others.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #968  
IMG_5137.jpg

Garaged the tractor for the winter. In other words I cleaned the garage out. Next weekend I'll do the scheduled maintenance and pressure wash.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #969  
Out of curiosity, What is that structure for that is above your garage, Bob?

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #970  
Out of curiosity, What is that structure for that is above your garage, Bob?
Just a shade structure I built from unistrut/superstrut. It gets over 100 degrees pretty routinely during the summer. The trusses are simple triangles with gusset plates at each corner. The purlins are pressure treated and the sheathing is polycarbonate. I'll see if I have a picture which gives a better view.