What have you done to your Branson today?

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #901  
I did my 50 hour service yesterday. No issues, just need to find a better funnel and need more kitty litter. Tried several funnels but nothing worked good. It's hard to hold a funnel and pour from a 5 gallon bucket.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #902  
I did my 50 hour service yesterday. No issues, just need to find a better funnel and need more kitty litter. Tried several funnels but nothing worked good. It's hard to hold a funnel and pour from a 5 gallon bucket.
I did my 50 hour service a couple of days ago. I ended up pouring the hydraulic fluid into a smaller container for easier filling. took awhile but I was mostly mess free (mostly). I do think I overfilled so now I am thinking I have to drain some out :(

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #903  
It's easy to overfill since you can't see the site glass when you're filling the oil.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #904  
I think many of us could confess to overfilling their tractor with hydraulic fluid. It is not obvious in the sight glass when the level is completely above it, and it doesn't take much fluid to go from none in the sight glass to being full past the sight glass. And when you drain the old fluid, not all of it comes out so when you refill with the exact amount stated in the manual, you will likely be putting in too much. I would insist a dipstick be installed if I were the King of tractor manufacturing.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #905  
I use a hand bucket pump. It's mess free and lets you see when you're coming up to the proper level. OTOH it's slow enough that you're relived when you're done.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #906  
Some few funnels actually have ribs on the conical section to permit free flow- it outa be a law huh? You can stick a screwdriver in there with the funnel snout to make for some live action...

My HF diesel re-fueling pump will work OK with hyd fluid or any oil based fluid, just not gasoline. I may go that route instead of holding a 5 gallon bucket.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #907  
I have a bucket pump that I used the first time I swapped my hydraulic fluid, but this time (a few weeks ago) I found this funnel in my shop (idk where it came from as I don't remember buying it) and realized what you (probably) already know that the cap on the 5 gallon buckets pulls up just like on the old olive oil tins so you can actually pour from it accurately.

This funnel sat really nicely in the filler tube on my 3520h, and it was almost tripod-stabilized by the 3ph:
PXL_20210929_001756561.jpg
PXL_20210929_001752438.jpg

Glug glug poured in superbly and only overfilled slightly - assisted by using some red dye this time so I could actually see it!

With the short wide funnel spout it's also really easy to clean.

(AFAIK, no harm will come from overfilling as the tank isn't a sealed reservoir; worst case you get a mess coming up and out the filter tube.)

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #908  
I was in a Rural King today and in looking at tractor paints they sell a red enamel labeled for RK tractors. Question being, is "RK Red"- the same color as Branson red?
I bought a gallon of TSC enamel on sale awhile back in International Tractor red to paint a hay wagon gear. It's really close to the same red without trying for a match-just a guess from a guy who used to paint cars.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #909  
I do the same as Eric. I use a hand pump to pump directly from the 5 gal hyd fluid bucket into the fill neck on my tractor. Very little mess there, but it is hard to see the fluid when filling as it's so clear and clean.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #910  
Hey fever,
That artillery is classic, I think it's awsome , appears you have a great sense of humor and imagination I salute you , Dan