What have you done to your Branson today?

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #911  
I did my 50 hour service yesterday. No issues, just need to find a better funnel and need more kitty litter. Tried several funnels but nothing worked good. It's hard to hold a funnel and pour from a 5 gallon bucket.
Hello JM7500, can I ask what transmission/Hydraulic fluid did you used? I approaching my 50Hrs service mark and the only thing missing to get is the transmission fluid. I'm looking at the Traveller Premium Universal Tractor Trans/Hydraulic Fluid from TSC but their web page shows two identical items with different SK#s and one at $42.99 and the other one at $61.99. Very confusing.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #912  
Hello JM7500, can I ask what transmission/Hydraulic fluid did you used? I approaching my 50Hrs service mark and the only thing missing to get is the transmission fluid. I'm looking at the Traveller Premium Universal Tractor Trans/Hydraulic Fluid from TSC but their web page shows two identical items with different SK#s and one at $42.99 and the other one at $61.99. Very confusing.
Not JM7500 but TSC had Mobil 1 delvac (424) for sale last time I was there 49.99 a 5 gallon pail

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #913  
Building a counterweight, still in progress…

IMG_5856.jpg

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #914  
Not JM7500 but TSC had Mobil 1 delvac (424) for sale last time I was there 49.99 a 5 gallon pail
Thanks for the tip Number15, looks like it's not available in TSC on Central/South Florida but found the number for Mobil customer service to call them in the morning to get answers.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #917  
Looking great Aquamoose. Looking forward for the final result. I'm liking how compact it is.

Speaking of counter weights, just saw this counterweight that Ralf over at the German Branson forum made. Really cool, easy to attach/detach using the lower link Euro hooks, plus the name is a nice touch. Weights around 1200 lbs.

guwuoax2bg9eb54160c2c52j8w6noypo.jpg
h43kn09wstptp09f2nqltxyuc9cxgcmo.jpg
p9iibqalh098q7bez7wvtngua929ti0v.jpg

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #918  
Looking great Aquamoose. Looking forward for the final result. I'm liking how compact it is.

Speaking of counter weights, just saw this counterweight that Ralf over at the German Branson forum made. Really cool, easy to attach/detach using the lower link Euro hooks, plus the name is a nice touch. Weights around 1200 lbs.

guwuoax2bg9eb54160c2c52j8w6noypo.jpg
h43kn09wstptp09f2nqltxyuc9cxgcmo.jpg
p9iibqalh098q7bez7wvtngua929ti0v.jpg
That looks really good. Interesting he chose to make it a two point hitch. I am thinking that is a lot of stress on the lift arms. Do you see this design often on you side of the pond?

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #919  
That looks really good. Interesting he chose to make it a two point hitch. I am thinking that is a lot of stress on the lift arms. Do you see this design often on you side of the pond?

Honestly, it was the first time I've see this style. I think it's more popular towards the German area. It's still not as popular as the 3 pt ones but still some what popular. Quicke, a loader manufacturer, also offers the same style of counterweight.

I have seen 2 point counterweights but usually for the front 3 pt hitches and the pins are centered with the weight, the weight just kind of rocks back and forth on the arms.

I too have mix feelings about the arms, but is it really that much difference in stress to the arms versus a 3 pt mounted one, considering where the side links pull on the arm?

Some examples of the 2 point style available:

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #920  
Yes, filling it with concrete. I’m looking to fabricate an auto latching system with a lever I can reach from the seat. Still mulling it over. I thought about a quick attach for the rear but it pushes out the weight further and It requires me getting off the tractor. Gonna add gussets to strengthen the “coupler”.

Also will likely add short “skids” to prevent it from tipping over. I’m open to further ideas, suggestions. Primary use is for logging with grapple & may add some tool holders & small platform to service my chainsaw and carry a second 24” chainsaw. (Smaller one mounts on the tractor)