What have you done to your Branson today?

/ What have you done to your Branson today?
#1,582  
It's getting to look a lot like spring, things have warmed up, ground is drying and the bunnies are moving their stuff.
Screenshot_20240303-200210~2.png

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,583  
Planning to add an LED rear work light. The stock light is sad. In the summer I prefer doing work as the sun sets. Adding a waterproof box to mount the waterproof switch inside for a nice clean install. The OEM has a switch on the light, this one does not. But I should be able to work at night with no visibility issues!
IMG_0223.png
IMG20240303191931~2.jpg

Last edited:
   / What have you done to your Branson today? #1,584  
Planning to add an LED rear work light. The stock light is sad. In the summer I prefer doing work as the sun sets. Adding a waterproof box to mount the waterproof switch inside for a nice clean install. The OEM has a switch on the light, this one does not. But I should be able to work at night with no visibility issues!
Yeah, this has been on my list for a couple of years, one of these days I will get to it!! I have the lights, just haven;t gotten around to it yet. I could see it being a great addition though! Are you going to put front facing lights as well? Seems like that would be nice as well.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,585  
It's on my list, but for now seeing the implement is primary. I just want nice, near, clean installs.

Yeah, this has been on my list for a couple of years, one of these days I will get to it!! I have the lights, just haven;t gotten around to it yet. I could see it being a great addition though! Are you going to put front facing lights as well? Seems like that would be nice as well.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,586  

i replaced the original with this: Off-Road LED Work Light / LED Driving Light with Push-Button Switch - 5" Round - 42W - 2,000 Lumens
i am very happy with the light and robustness of it. It also already has a nice weatherproof switch on the back.

has anyone found a replacement for the "flower" pattern stop/blinker/hazard lights on the fenders?

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,587  
i replaced the original with this: Off-Road LED Work Light / LED Driving Light with Push-Button Switch - 5" Round - 42W - 2,000 Lumens
i am very happy with the light and robustness of it. It also already has a nice weatherproof switch on the back.

has anyone found a replacement for the "flower" pattern stop/blinker/hazard lights on the fenders?
I did consider this light, but thought I may want more light… I do like that it has a built in switch. Instead I’ll be making a tidy switch panel.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,588  
I mounted a couple 24" light bars on the ROPS, one facing forward, one backward. They've both gotten mashed into branches (while clearing land) so currently one is bungie'd on but it still works and is effective. I intend (sigh... such a long list) to re-mount them properly with a "real" switch box - they've got temporary switches that they came with (at least they did come with relays - pretty decent setup for the price) that come out of the dash at a joint for the moment - and adding a couple other lights on the verticals of the ROPS would be ideal to get more "flood" fill.

The forward-facing light bar gives great light for loader work - no complaints at all. As I said, side light would be good too so I don't feel too tunnel-visioned by the very bright area in front. The rear-facing light bar I use for maneuvering and also backhoe work; unfortunately the backhoe seat is up higher so my head intrudes into the light beam when it's pointing down at what I dig. If I dig at night I find myself leaning to one side or the other. Particuarly with backhoe work side-light is more important, because you may not always be digging straight back and you swing the boom to either side to dump buckets. Last time I needed to backhoe at night (three weeks ago) I actually wore a head lamp and it was surprisingly useful for side-lighting, but I'd prefer more big LEDs.

There are some curved light bars which seem pretty cool for better "flood" but IMO they're not curved enough to flood the immediate area; they're more for periphery lighting while driving at medium+ speeds.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,589  
The loader can block a lot of light from the headlights... I can see a ROPS mounted forward light being nice. Maybe down the road?

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,590  
Did someone say light bars.... An old guy like me really needs them to see at night, they are very cheap on Ebay and easy to install.
Great inventions!
1709580645183.png

1709580777869.png

1709580846621.png

1709580909868.png