What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #461  
Changed my hydraulic fluids today and also put the new skid plate on and when I got home from my property the Titan wheel kit for my land rake was here waiting fo me so now I need to drive back to my property and put them on, one more thing to cross off my list.
BE0644C0-9A24-45FD-BFDE-6E41DEA77491.png

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #462  
Nice mod MF. That tree seems like it'd tip the tractor forward with out any hoe but you do have the rear weights.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #463  
The last few days I finally got around to realigning the ends of my brush forks, and reinforcement of the top of the FEL bucket.

My brush forks were needing a tune up as it was difficult to pick up a pile of tree branches, 1 of the 5 forks was about 2" higher at the end of the forks, and 2 of the 5 forks was about 1" lower at the ends, as they got misaligned over about 8 years due to operator error, as tree roots are so close to the surface.

I cut the forks near the bucket, notched the 2 forks that were low and lined up the ends of the forks and welded them in that position, and now they are like new again...

The next day I reinforced the top of the FEL bucket with 2.5" x 3/8" flat bar, and 1.5" x 3/8" flat bar because I was concerned the bucket would slightly flex when I picked up 18' logs to be cut up for firewood, this month having a logging truck delivery of firewood logs.

Pics are of brush forks, 18' log being moved with FEL, top of FEL bucket being reinforced, & bucket reinforcement completed waiting for some black paint.

KC

View attachment 663121 View attachment 663122 View attachment 663123 View attachment 663124

Very nice...

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY
The brush forks look great!

Thanks, that photo was taken before the damage and they look almost as good now after the repairs.

They have proven to be a great tool to move piles of tree branches without getting off the tractor, and with the flip up/down plywood platform I use it to load firewood into the woodshed.

KC

Nice mod MF. That tree seems like it'd tip the tractor forward with out any hoe but you do have the rear weights.

Thanks, also I do have a 4' box blade installed in the pic, hard to see with the door of the cab opened and the green grass because the box blade is "John Deere Green".

Last year I also add some extra weight to the box blade with a 1/4" plate platform/ATV storage box/chain saw holder which really improves smoothing out the road mix gravel on the driveway.

With the aluminum storage box, it's nice not to return to the garage to get items I need to clean up the property.

KC

Here's a few pics:

(this project finished. my last little project update is post #474)

20190831_112304.jpg 20190902_162934.jpg 20190902_163722 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Very nice...

Thanks, I did notice the rear end somewhat light picking up the 18' logs even with loaded back tires/wheel rim weights/and the 4' box blade install, so after cutting up all of the logs I added some extra weight to the top of the box blade (see post #465 above).

I have another load of logs coming this month, so I believe the tractors rear end if not going to be on the light side this year.

KC

Changed my hydraulic fluids today and also put the new skid plate on and when I got home from my property the Titan wheel kit for my land rake was here waiting fo me so now I need to drive back to my property and put them on, one more thing to cross off my list.
View attachment 663147

Nice attachment, I have been thinking about selling my Woods brush hog and purchasing a landscape rake, let us know how the wheels work out for you.

KC

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #468  
Thanks, also I do have a 4' box blade installed in the pic, hard to see with the door of the cab opened and the green grass because the box blade is "John Deere Green".

Last year I also add some extra weight to the box blade with a 1/4" plate platform/ATV storage box/chain saw holder which really improves smoothing out the road mix gravel on the driveway.

With the aluminum storage box, it's nice not to return to the garage to get items I need to clean up the property.

KC

Here's a few pics:

View attachment 663246 View attachment 663247 View attachment 663248

Thanks, but I'm not sure I can talk you any more until you paint that box blade red! :D

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #469  
Thanks, I did notice the rear end somewhat light picking up the 18' logs even with loaded back tires/wheel rim weights/and the 4' box blade install, so after cutting up all of the logs I added some extra weight to the top of the box blade (see post #465 above).

I have another load of logs coming this month, so I believe the tractors rear end if not going to be on the light side this year.

KC

Yes mine was very light when I moved the 4-20 footers. If i didnt have it in 4x4 it wouldn't move forward because the rear tires didn't have much traction. i dont have mine loaded, was thinking of getting wheel weights like yours.

Thanks, but I'm not sure I can talk you any more until you paint that box blade red! :D

I understand, sort of like having a girl's name tattooed on your arm that's different then your wife's name...

KC