What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #451  
There's a dude that posts on my videos, he's got a gc tractor also. He's got these short (36" I think) and wide forks he fabbed up, he mounts them on bucket floor with screws. He does a lot of logging with them. Awesome forks. I could see winching a log onto the forks and then the winch helps restrain it on them, that be pretty cool.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #452  
There's a dude that posts on my videos, he's got a gc tractor also. He's got these short (36" I think) and wide forks he fabbed up, he mounts them on bucket floor with screws. He does a lot of logging with them. Awesome forks. I could see winching a log onto the forks and then the winch helps restrain it on them, that be pretty cool.

Yes, the winch cable goes over the bucket and pulls the wood in. I don;t have the clamp on forks attached, but that would be another use to move stuff around.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #453  
My mid 70's Power Wagon ran a 8,000# Warn Winch with the stock Mopar 40 amp alternator and you'd have to let the battery recover for a few minutes during a long winching event.

Back then that was just normal...

KC

Still is today.... Batteries are not infinite power... On long hard pull I can suck the 900 AMP Hour AGM battery boosted with 100 alternator down to point where ECM shuts down engine... But I am talking about a Jeep and off road recovery....

The is valid comments on some of the wood/logging threads about using PTO and hydraulics if any long term winching is needed....

Dale

Last edited:
   / What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #454  
What I have been doing is removing 50 year old firs. Tractor capabilities never ceases to amaze me. Screw those idiots who believe these tractors are just toys.

Saved me soooo much sweat and hot sun. Got it away from a very busy road so I can dry them out and use them in the firepit.

Newly replaced pivot axle seals are still not leaking so I think the job is done. 20200704_103957.jpeg20200704_103949.jpeg20200704_112100.jpegIMG-20200702-WA0012.jpeg20200702_095644.jpeg

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #455  
Not sure what to do with these stumps though...have to be careful because natural gas, and town sewer runs between them and the road. That means I cannot safely remove them with my backhoe. I may just plant green giants in between each stump? But I need salt tolerant privacy in Maine winters too.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #456  
Well I think my GC is a toy because it's fun to operate it, not work.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #457  
Not sure what to do with these stumps though...have to be careful because natural gas, and town sewer runs between them and the road. That means I cannot safely remove them with my backhoe. I may just plant green giants in between each stump? But I need salt tolerant privacy in Maine winters too.

I had a stump between a gas pipe and a pool fence. Dug it to the roots and then used a sawzall. Tractor to get it moved after the roots were cut-

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #458  

Green giants are great, we planted a bunch of them. I'd put them far enough from the road to avoid the road salt, though. As for the stumps, I'd be worried yanking them out if they're that close to gas or sewer. If I was you, I'd rent a stump grinder or hire a service to do it....just shave down enough so you could grass over it.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY
The last few days I finally got around to realigning the ends of my brush forks, and reinforcement of the top of the FEL bucket.

My brush forks were needing a tune up as it was difficult to pick up a pile of tree branches, 1 of the 5 forks was about 2" higher at the end of the forks, and 2 of the 5 forks was about 1" lower at the ends, as they got misaligned over about 8 years due to operator error, as tree roots are so close to the surface.

I cut the forks near the bucket, notched the 2 forks that were low and lined up the ends of the forks and welded them in that position, and now they are like new again...

The next day I reinforced the top of the FEL bucket with 2.5" x 3/8" flat bar, and 1.5" x 3/8" flat bar because I was concerned the bucket would slightly flex when I picked up 18' logs to be cut up for firewood, this month having a logging truck delivery of firewood logs.

Pics are of brush forks, 18' log being moved with FEL, top of FEL bucket being reinforced, & bucket reinforcement completed waiting for some black paint.

KC

(this project update, see post #474 / and my next little project is post #465)

20200424_153035.jpg 20190730_130326.jpg 20200712_173932.jpg 20200712_180528.jpg

Last edited:
   / What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #460  
The brush forks look great!