What have you hit with your mower lately?

/ What have you hit with your mower lately? #41  
[snip]
So I'm happy in the morning sun and mowing down the center for about 200 yards.

All of a sudden - WHUP, WHUP, WHUP - and this God awful stink.

The biggest, smelliest pile of cow poop I've ever seen. And the mower "fogged" this big pile and it completely encased the mower and ME.

Have you ever TASTED fogged cow poop. Well, I have.
People keep saying manure is great for strawberries. I'm not making that mistake again. I'm going back to whipped cream.

/ What have you hit with your mower lately? #42  
I've spent many hundreds of hours cutting new home construction lots so my list is too long to post but here are some highlights. A box spring, chain link fence, barbed wire fence, hundreds of steel pallet straps, hundreds of concrete washout piles, raised manhole covers, stumps, guy wires, rocks, water shutoffs, a cable tv pedestal... and the list goes on. They let em grow until a township sends a letter so sometimes they are 4 feet tall and impossible to scout out first.

/ What have you hit with your mower lately? #43  
Used to bush hog as a side gig for many years, and I think literally hit everything you can imagine. Cinder blocks, rocks of every size, snakes, animal carcasses, rebar, wire, pipe, fence, stumps, a smashed shopping cart, brake rotors, you name it. The worst ones that stand out that caused the most damage or most amount of work to fix are; barbed wire, a cylinder head from an engine, an ungodly amount of fishing line, rope, and cable of all sorts. The one that made me feel physically sick was a nest of bunnies.

/ What have you hit with your mower lately? #44  
Used to bush hog as a side gig for many years, and I think literally hit everything you can imagine. Cinder blocks, rocks of every size, snakes, animal carcasses, rebar, wire, pipe, fence, stumps, a smashed shopping cart, brake rotors, you name it. The worst ones that stand out that caused the most damage or most amount of work to fix are; barbed wire, a cylinder head from an engine, an ungodly amount of fishing line, rope, and cable of all sorts. The one that made me feel physically sick was a nest of bunnies.

Yeah, I did that with a push mower when I was about 13. Mowing under boxwood bushes one Saturday morning and poof. Fur blown about 20 ft from mower.

/ What have you hit with your mower lately? #45  
Yeah, I did that with a push mower when I was about 13. Mowing under boxwood bushes one Saturday morning and poof. Fur blown about 20 ft from mower.
yeah... I neglected to mention all the wildlife.

/ What have you hit with your mower lately? #46  
Neighbor was bush hogging a few years back along the road on his property side of the ditch, not the road side and snagged the new neighbors temporary phone line Wrapped 1/2 mile of phone cable into the blade and stump jumper.

/ What have you hit with your mower lately? #47  
Neighbor was bush hogging a few years back along the road on his property side of the ditch, not the road side and snagged the new neighbors temporary phone line Wrapped 1/2 mile of phone cable into the blade and stump jumper.
ouch. I used to bury phone service wire 20 years ago. They'll string them temp wires anywhere and sometimes they'd be there for months. cant say ive snagged one with a brush hog but I did manage to wrap 100 feet of buried 50 pair main cable around the head of a directional boring machine. That was expensive.

/ What have you hit with your mower lately? #48  
First time I mowed here I wrapped up 650 feet of that temp wire under my 982 Cub Cadet.

/ What have you hit with your mower lately?
What do you folks with brush hogs do for blade maintenance with stuff like this? Do you just let them ride or do you rework them when you're hitting stuff like this?

/ What have you hit with your mower lately? #50  
ouch. I used to bury phone service wire 20 years ago. They'll string them temp wires anywhere and sometimes they'd be there for months. cant say ive snagged one with a brush hog but I did manage to wrap 100 feet of buried 50 pair main cable around the head of a directional boring machine. That was expensive.
Was helping the nephew with a stump removal job a few years ago. And part of my job was to hold the fiber optic cable up off the ground so he could grind the roots under it. The cable ran across the guys driveway, and into his grass before going back underground. The underground locate guys actually painted the cable while doing the locate.