What is covered in the Duramax Warranty Peroid?

/ What is covered in the Duramax Warranty Peroid? #11  
The simple answer to your question is: "5 year, 100,000 mile POWERTRAIN WARRANTY". The dealer your friend went to is dead wrong! His injectors ARE covered as long as the time and mileage has not been exceeded. PERIOD. GM has been trying every angle in the book to NOT honor the warranty of their vehicles, but in the end, right is right. Have your friend find a different dealer.

/ What is covered in the Duramax Warranty Peroid? #12  
I'd agree with CrownHawg about trying a different dealer. If you look over on the dieselplace you will find that lots of times one dealer rejects a warrenty claim and another one will honor it. Somewhere over there they even have a list of known "good" dealers. The dealers have a lot to do with what gets covered by how they write the claim, etc...

Good luck.

/ What is covered in the Duramax Warranty Peroid?
I agree with both you guys. The issue is the truck has let him down and the only dealers within a hour both rejected it. So now he has to travel 1 hour each way to get it fixed or just dump it which he said that is what he is planning to do.

Chris

/ What is covered in the Duramax Warranty Peroid? #14  
Your buddy needs to get his warranty book out of his glove box and show the service department what the terms of the warranty is.

6.6 duramax 5 years or 100000 with a $100 deductible
Federal emission system covers 5 years or 50000 miles

mine is a 2006 it says right in my book that
diesel fuel metering system:injection pump,nozzles,high pressure lines, and high pressure sealing devices are covered 5 years or 100000 miles with $100 deductible.

Diesel fuel injector assembly also falls under federal emission warranty.

Your buddy needs to find a better dealer that understands the warranty procedures for the diesel engines. I am guessing they don't do much work on diesels or they are trying to rip your buddy.

The injectors are covered under warranty.

/ What is covered in the Duramax Warranty Peroid? #15  
I always hate to hear about people in your friends situation. When you spend hard earned money on something new, you expect it to be dependable and work right. I don't believe that it matters the brand. There are stories of people who have X brand for 20 years and no problems and others with the same brand and troubles from the beginning. They all have issues at one time or another.

One issue that has really hurt the customer/dealer relationship is all the programmers for diesels. The dealerships are almost on the defensive and convinced that every problem is related to a programmer. I run an '05 Duramax with EFILive as a power adder. If I blow it up, I wouldn't try and take it to the dealership and get warrenty on it. But there are a lot that will. So it puts the dealerships on the defense. They have bulletins on how to identify that power adders have been used. Doesn't sound like your buddies problem, but I think the dealers are learly when a diesel comes in.

Hope everything works out for him.

Good Luck
Chris

He put a Edge Juice on it when it had 5,000 miles but only keep it for 1 week. Maybe 300 miles. He then went back to stock because he was afraid it was going to tear something up. It has been 40,000 miles since the chip was on it.

As for the dealer they are blaming the injectors on poor fuel. Its not that they would not replace them if there was a issue but they say he is the problem by putting in bad fuel. He buys all his fuel on a company credit card, he is a lawn care guy, so he can track his cost. He has every gallon documented from day one for tax purposes so he can prove the fuel was from reputable sources. If it is bad fuel, which I doubt because many of me and my neighbors buy all our fuel from the stations in question without a single issue, this does not say much for the water separator/filter on the truck.

I hate to say this but this is the same treatment I received with the few GM products and vowed to never own another. It seems they want to pass the blame. I had to fight with them on 2 with a lawyer. I am almost 40 and have only used a lawyer 3 times in my life and 2 were against GM and one family member who stole from me.

The issue now is the first dealer said it was poor fuel and put a note or something in the system under the vin and he called another dealer about it and they refused to service it. This is the largest GM dealer by volume in Indiana, at least according to the advertisements. They sell plenty of diesels but do not have a good rep on service. I did have quite a bit of work done to my dads Corvette last summer and was overall happy at that time but watched over them like a hawk and supplied most all the parts.

Chris

/ What is covered in the Duramax Warranty Peroid? #17  
I think a call to the state attorney general's office is in order. I would also call GM's main customer service 800 number. This sounds like a warranty issue to me, especially since it is identified as such in the owner's manual. I've actually had good luck calling GM's main number before for my own truck. On my last truck while washing it I noticed that there was a little bit of small surface pitting on the interior of the bumper, nothing big but the truck was a year old and should still look like brand new, especially since I drive it so little. The dealer I bought the truck from didn't want to cover a new bumper under warranty. I talked to their service department manager and he didn't want to warranty the issue. I drove off and contacted GM's main number. The service manager called me back within an hour and apologized and made an appointment right away to have a new bumper installed for me. I also received free oil changes for 4 years/ 48,000 miles for my troubles and as a show of thanks from GM. I never gave that dealership a nickle of my money again, and when I wanted to buy a new truck I bought a Chevy from a different dealer and let the previous dealer know it. Unfortunately there are a lot of crappy car dealers for all makes. Sometimes you have to put in a little extra work to get them to honor their obligations. I also guarantee that a complaint to the attorney general's office at least here in NY is taken seriously and will get your friend some attention.

/ What is covered in the Duramax Warranty Peroid? #18  
It's too bad that the dealer is blaming bad fuel. As far as I'm concerned, the FACTORY fuel filter should protect the fuel system. I could see a batch of bad fuel plugging the filter, but not ruining the fuel system.

/ What is covered in the Duramax Warranty Peroid? #19  
My experience with GM products was it was tough to get things covered under warranty. They always wanted to pass blame. They are accusing him of using poor fuel .
Chris

Dodge is no better.( I own 1) They are making all kinds of excuses to get out of warranty work. From transmissions , engines, injectors, you name it they work their way out of it. IMO,All 3 of them should have bitten the dust.

I think a call to the state attorney general's office is in order. I would also call GM's main customer service 800 number. This sounds like a warranty issue to me, especially since it is identified as such in the owner's manual. I've actually had good luck calling GM's main number before for my own truck. On my last truck while washing it I noticed that there was a little bit of small surface pitting on the interior of the bumper, nothing big but the truck was a year old and should still look like brand new, especially since I drive it so little. The dealer I bought the truck from didn't want to cover a new bumper under warranty. I talked to their service department manager and he didn't want to warranty the issue. I drove off and contacted GM's main number. The service manager called me back within an hour and apologized and made an appointment right away to have a new bumper installed for me. I also received free oil changes for 4 years/ 48,000 miles for my troubles and as a show of thanks from GM. I never gave that dealership a nickle of my money again, and when I wanted to buy a new truck I bought a Chevy from a different dealer and let the previous dealer know it. Unfortunately there are a lot of crappy car dealers for all makes. Sometimes you have to put in a little extra work to get them to honor their obligations. I also guarantee that a complaint to the attorney general's office at least here in NY is taken seriously and will get your friend some attention.

I hear this all the time from people. Your experience is near mine. That is part of the reason I swore off GM. No wonder they are in a world of hurt and loosing customers.

I am not saying other brands do not do the same thing but my experience owning Toyota's, Honda's, many many Fords, Dodge's, Nissan's, ect have all been positive. I had even had a Dodge that was nothing but trouble but it got fixed every time with a good loaner to use. Not a Cavalier like they tried to give me when I had troubles with my Dmax. Dodge even fixed issues out of the warranty period to make me happy on recurring issues that had been addressed during the warranty period. Maybe I have just got lucky with good dealers and great vehicles that have needed next to nothing.

The end result is you should not have to fight and do the leg work to get something fixed that is covered under warranty.

Chris