What is your most used implement?

/ What is your most used implement? #31  
Grapple. As useful as the bush hog when clearing land.

/ What is your most used implement? #32  
Grapple on the loader is by far #1 for me. I almost haven't taken it off since I got it, though that is heavily related to what I need to do right now (clearing). I wished I got it 4 months earlier too, so I could have used it all summer.

#2 would be the FEL in general.
#3 would be the logging winch.
#4 would be the forks, which I was using for brush until I got the grapple.

But then that is all I own :)

Different things at different times. The forks will be invaluable during house construction, but don't get used much right now.

/ What is your most used implement? #33  
What is the difference between an attachment and an implement? :confused:

/ What is your most used implement? #34  
The tractor with the front end loader gets used most. Never wanted one came with the tractor. For this reason I think your post is an excellent question to pose.

/ What is your most used implement? #36  

Since I used both terms in my post it must be up to me to give it a shot:

Attachment: Generally, a tool not used for direct chores. Possible multiple uses. Something that more indirectly accomplishes a task. Fastened to the tractor.

I.E. - counterweight, trailer hitch, carryall, quick hitch, must be directly attached to tractor. Other tools mounted to the front or FEL. I.E. - bucket, snowblower, forks (of any kind), boom.

Implement: Used for specific farming tasks. Most commonly ground engaging. I.E. - tiller, disc, PHD, blade, subsoiler, mower (either 3PH or pull), land-leveler, other general ground-engaging tools. Mounted or pulled on the rear.

Is this full of holes? Absolutely. Feel free to flame away. But if someone as knowledgeable as MtnViewRanch asks, even rhetorically, there must be a definition other than out of a dictionary.

Maybe the OP can clarify what he was thinking when using the term.

/ What is your most used implement? #37  
For the longest time I had always thought of anything that was hooked up to the 3pt hitch as an implement, even a 3pt backhoe. Everything else was an attachment.

But it appears that the tractor world does not interpret it that way. It seems as though the definition is interchangeable. I wonder if maybe the terms became interchangeable when the quick disconnect FEL came about or maybe since the skid steers started adapting 3pt implements to be used as attachments on their loaders.

I don't know the answer, just that it would be nice when someone mentions an implement or an attachment that we knew what end of the tractor they were talking about. :confused3: ;)

/ What is your most used implement? #38  
MtnViewRanch said:

Attachments are FEL and BH. All others are implements.

/ What is your most used implement? #39  
Spring- rake, lawn roller,FEL
Summer- RFM, Bush hog, FEL
Fall- Bush Hog, FEL
Winter- FEL, back blade.

Will

/ What is your most used implement? #40  
RFM first as a working implement...then the FEL/Ballast Box....then the rotary cutter.