What Oil does your Dealer/Shop use on Your Tractor?

/ What Oil does your Dealer/Shop use on Your Tractor? #11  
My dealer uses Rotella products, so when I did my 50 hr service I used Rotella T6 5w-40 synthetic. Easily found at any Wal Mart, Tractor Supply, hardware store, or auto parts place for a great price and I don’t have to wonder if it’s ‘good enough’.

/ What Oil does your Dealer/Shop use on Your Tractor? #12  
Well somebody had to be first and AMSOIL was the first in North America to make an automotive SYNTHETIC engine oil, a longlife 25,000 mile 10w40, in 1972. And now many oil companies are playing catch-up. Imitation is the best form of flattery....
Dutchy

/ What Oil does your Dealer/Shop use on Your Tractor? #13  
Shell, DELO and Delvac diesel oils are all good and are used by fleets. I happen to use Mobil 1300 Delvac 15w-40 in my CAT powered motorhome as well as my Perkins powered MF. Here in Alabama, it does well in summer heat and maintains viscosity as well as keeps my engines clean. I change it annually in the MF. Never uses any oil, no smoke and I trust Mobil. Just as important is the oil filter. I prefer Wix filters over most others. They are available on Ebay at good prices and have rugged construction. No FRAM oil filters and no K&N air filters.

/ What Oil does your Dealer/Shop use on Your Tractor? #14  
i go w/T6 5/40 in all my 4 stroke engines incl '92 4x truck. my 2 Honda vehicles get different grades. with as many confirmed positive notes on T6 from forum members, and reasonable price, Rotella would be my recommendation.
for those stuck on more esoteric oils like Amisol & Royal Purple, i would suggest to have each of those oils analyzed after a change & compare to T6 or other common diesel rated oils. best regards

/ What Oil does your Dealer/Shop use on Your Tractor? #15  
Kind of like K&N Filters = dirty air.....
I have never had a problem with K&N filters.

I DID have a transmission problem......transmission ceased to shift with Amsoil/snake oil.
Dumped the Amsoil/snake oil, and replaced.....then all became OK for many more thousands of miles!
Amsoil/snake oil....never again!

Last edited:
   / What Oil does your Dealer/Shop use on Your Tractor? #16  
There most certainly is data out, oil samples clearly will show this showing differences in a cheaper off-brand oil versus a reputable name brand oil , additives will be different, dispersants, base oils,HTHS, viscosity index improvers on and on, Stick with a name brand reputable company and you'll have a quality lubricant.

/ What Oil does your Dealer/Shop use on Your Tractor? #17  
I also consult with the website BITOG for information. engines and oil are changing in recent years and continue to evolve. BITOG is a good source for information. Also, that site has information on filters. Shack out the info on K&N.

/ What Oil does your Dealer/Shop use on Your Tractor? #18  
I also consult with the website BITOG for information. engines and oil are changing in recent years and continue to evolve. BITOG is a good source for information. Also, that site has information on filters. Shack out the info on K&N.
Yup BITOG is great website and informative on any lubricant you could use

/ What Oil does your Dealer/Shop use on Your Tractor? #19  
Bob site is good but as usual people read what they want and post what they believe. The anount of opinion from the 40 hour change yearly crowd is absolutely awesome,,, real facts. Any of the new oil in an engine a few years or older is way better than the machine spec when it was new. We are now seeing good oil left at 500 hrs, even more from engines made 50 yrs ago and called for 100/150 when they were new.
Eventually they need the filter changed, most use some oil and additives get refreshed. Biggest concern is any coolant contamination.