What trailer should I get for Kubota Tractor, and what should I pay?

/ What trailer should I get for Kubota Tractor, and what should I pay? #11  
Basically it is a BAD time to need to buy a trailer, used or new.
Steel prices are still high, lumber prices are back in nose-bleed territory and labor prices are skyrocketing, if you can find the labor..
Most trailers have about doubled in price.
If this is for an "occasional" use, not tax deductible trailer - “Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without.” Fixing the old one might be the best route.

If it's for a money making business, daily use location is important, trailering trailers costs money.

For your tractor an 18' might do, 22 foot for sure. I'd also definitely recommend wood.

/ What trailer should I get for Kubota Tractor, and what should I pay? #12  
Yeah, that's how it starts. New bigger tractor, new bigger trailer and a new bigger truck to haul it around. If your land is split up enough to need to haul a tractor around, it's probably cheaper to buy another tractor. ;)

/ What trailer should I get for Kubota Tractor, and what should I pay? #13  
Man, I have a 20' trailer with my BX and even that isn't hard to fill up.

IMG_20220128_085247489_HDR.jpg

This is just with my forks on the front and rake on the rear, forks against the front of the trailer.

/ What trailer should I get for Kubota Tractor, and what should I pay?
I just looked at a 20' 10K trailer and it was selling for $5900 on the lot. I bought the same trailer in the 18' version in 2017 for $3500 out the door. Yeah, prices have gone up more than just a bit on these. I saw the identical unit to mine for sale for $6300.
It was plenty of trailer for my Ford 1715 with a FEL, loaded tires and a 500# ballast box, but with the new NH B50H it is going to be just the tractor only. I wish I had gotten the 20' or 22' 14k trailer, but I never expected to have that large of a tractor.

On steel vs wood deck, I prefer wood. The coefficient of friction is considerably higher. i.e. stuff is less likely to slide.
Hmm, now thats something didnt think about, but doesnt the wood tend to deteriorate much quicker, making steel a good investment in the long run...

/ What trailer should I get for Kubota Tractor, and what should I pay? #15  
Hmm, now thats something didnt think about, but doesnt the wood tend to deteriorate much quicker, making steel a good investment in the long run...

Not really. Steel decks rust, get dented, and torn up too. But they can be slippery and harder to repair as well. Think of the deck as a wear surface. Not only that, but you can treat your wood deck to help preserve the life of it. Gotta do mine this year.

/ What trailer should I get for Kubota Tractor, and what should I pay? #16  
My wood deck was eleven last year and I finally had to replace some boards. Probably would have lasted longer had I treated the wood once in a while, only had to replace like three but decided to replace about 50% of the boards. Think it was like $200 in lumber, not horrible, cheaper than what it would cost to weld up a single hole in a steel deck now days:sick:

/ What trailer should I get for Kubota Tractor, and what should I pay? #17  
I don't know where you live but my trailer sat outside in the wet Pacific Northwest and after 5 years shows no real signs of deterioration. I did seal it, and it is due for sealing again. Right now it's sitting under 8 inches of snow so I don't know how this winter has treated in in its new home.
If you ever noticed, you don't see metal decks on flatbed trailers behind big rigs very often. Stability and safety are bigger concerns than maybe having to replace a deck board now and then

/ What trailer should I get for Kubota Tractor, and what should I pay? #18  
I like having a wood deck. It's something easy for me to replace, work on, and modify. I recently flush mounted some D rings in key locations by routing out where they needed to go.

IMG_20211015_174658628.jpg

I'm much more experienced and much better equipped to work with wood than metal.

I have also occasionally screwed something to the decking to help secure cargo.

/ What trailer should I get for Kubota Tractor, and what should I pay?
I don't know where you live but my trailer sat outside in the wet Pacific Northwest and after 5 years shows no real signs of deterioration. I did seal it, and it is due for sealing again. Right now it's sitting under 8 inches of snow so I don't know how this winter has treated in in its new home.
If you ever noticed, you don't see metal decks on flatbed trailers behind big rigs very often. Stability and safety are bigger concerns than maybe having to replace a deck board now and then
What do you use for sealing, and how long does it last..

/ What trailer should I get for Kubota Tractor, and what should I pay? #20  
What do you use for sealing, and how long does it last..
I just used Thompson's Water Seal and rolled it on. The decking is treated so it should last long enough for me. After the decking had been on the trailer for a year and dried thoroughly I did notice some cross grain checking in some boards, these will be the first to break if any break at all.