What trailer should I get for Kubota Tractor, and what should I pay?

/ What trailer should I get for Kubota Tractor, and what should I pay? #22  
I like having a wood deck. It's something easy for me to replace, work on, and modify. I recently flush mounted some D rings in key locations by routing out where they needed to go.

View attachment 733939

I'm much more experienced and much better equipped to work with wood than metal.

I have also occasionally screwed something to the decking to help secure cargo.

That's a slick idea if the trailer lives under shelter. If not, I guess one could also incorporate drain holes.

/ What trailer should I get for Kubota Tractor, and what should I pay? #23  
I thought about drilling some drain holes, but I do keep it parked under a shed. I still may do that at some point.

I wanted them recessed because I will haul mulch and whatnot occasionally, and wanted a flat surface so I can scrape it out with the bucket.

I built some sides that go into the stake pockets to contain the loose material. There is a back that goes on when needed. Eyes are attached for a tarp.

IMG_20220128_141357461_HDR.jpg

/ What trailer should I get for Kubota Tractor, and what should I pay? #24  
Strategic parking of equipment with drips helps greatly.
I do that too. When I am finished with the trailer I run the jack all the way up with the foot sitting on a 4x6 block so water will run off. It doesn't do much for the snow though, it's been snow covered for 8 weeks now. I might try rolling on some black porch and deck paint this summer.

/ What trailer should I get for Kubota Tractor, and what should I pay? #25  
Not sure were Reddogs is but if he is up north the steel deck trailers rust something horrid. Salt gets in between the deck and the cross members and wrecks havoc. What is the weight capacity of the current trailer are you using Red? I am surprised that it is struggling with your Kubota if it is a 7K trailer, it might be a distribution, or haul vehicle issue. I regularly haul a 5.5k tractor on a 7k 18' trailer with a 1/2 ton.

I hate metal decks. They are slick in the rain, freeze up faster in the cold, rust like crazy, and get dented easily. My experience with wood has been that if you use treated, or white oak they will last 20 years of use, unless parked under a tree or in the shade were they rot easy. I like to coat the boards in tongue oil, Linseed, or Thompson water sealer every few years.

If I buy a used trailer, I expect to just replace the entire wire harness, boards, and repaint it, however I also am not known for buying pretty stuff. But that is because I like to modify them to fit my need prior to repainting. Even when new from the factory the wire harnesses are not great, I had a friend who just bought a new PJ 24' 14K trailer and I expect that the harness will need replaced prior to the boards.

I would go with a wood deck. Without knowing your tow vehicle, budget, and storage plans it is hard to recomend a length, however I would go 18-24'. If your towing with a 1/2 ton with 10k tow capacity I would probably go with a 18' 7k , or 18'+ 10K. If your towing with a 3/4+ ton I would go with a 10-16K unit. Also I love galvanized trailers, they hold up great in the salt in the north.

/ What trailer should I get for Kubota Tractor, and what should I pay? #26  
My first question would be, what are you pulling the trailer with? If you have a weenie truck better upgrade that first. Myself, I prefer a Goose Neck over a bumper pull any day. Tandem axle GN at least with a beaver tail so you can drive on and off easily.

/ What trailer should I get for Kubota Tractor, and what should I pay? #27  
Ha - there was a time I though about a new road-able trailer for my M6040 @ 10,000#. Reality hit when I checked on the price. Instead I built a farm trailer with brand new ten ton Horst running gear. My plan to pull the M6040 to remote locations fizzled. The farm trailer is all I need here on my 80 acres.
IMG_0003.jpeg

/ What trailer should I get for Kubota Tractor, and what should I pay? #28  
Ha - there was a time I though about a new road-able trailer for my M6040 @ 10,000#. Reality hit when I checked on the price. Instead I built a farm trailer with brand new ten ton Horst running gear. My plan to pull the M6040 to remote locations fizzled. The farm trailer is all I need here on my 80 acres.
View attachment 734066
Is that protective cover for wild grasses and bunnies ? :)

/ What trailer should I get for Kubota Tractor, and what should I pay? #29  
Of course - Newbury. It's also because the darn unit is too hard to pull by hand. Too lazy to move it with the ATV when I mow.

OR - if you are speaking of the white arch with the chicken wire. That was for my wife's climbing flowers. Has nothing to do with the trailer. I just happen to park next to it.

/ What trailer should I get for Kubota Tractor, and what should I pay? #30  
That tractor with a loader and 6' cutter takes up all of a 22' trailer with no room for other implements

That tractor, if equipped with loaded tires and said mower or even a backhoe will weigh in at ~5000-5500# which leaves little to no extra room to haul other stuff or attachments on a 7k trailer.

10k 22' is a perfect match....but 12k or 14k isnt a terribly costly upgrade to get alot better tires and axles. But if you are pulling with a 1-ton dually.....could push CDL territory if you are working for hire.

Trailer prices have doubled in the last 2 years. Be prepared to drop $6k for a new trailer