What would you do ?

/ What would you do ? #61  
Mother-in-law should 'throw the flag on the play'. Maybe do the water activities and postpone the heavy lifting.
Maybe start at 3:00am, it'll be cooler. Half joking but I've done it.

/ What would you do ? #63  
I'd just say no your MIL and wife will be in air conditioning while you're out having a heart attack or stroke then they will put the blame on you and say YOU should have said NO good luck 🤞

/ What would you do ? #64  
@Gee Ray.... best post ever!

"Mother Nature trumps Mother-in-Law." Every time!!!!

/ What would you do ? #65  
Hello to all,

This coming weekend my wife and I had promised to go to her moms house to redo some of her landscaping and power wash her entire back yard area. I also had this planned 3 weekends ago but pulled a deep muscle in my upper mid-rt back. There was no way I could lift that much or esp pull the starting cord on a power washer. Everyone understood.

Well, this weekend it's supposed to be 102 on Fri and 104 on Sat, plus 100-102 Tues on until this weekend and Sun-Tues of next week 102, 104, 102 and 100-99 the next 2-3 days thereafter. I am no longer 20, 30, 40 or 50, but I can take the heat, not just triple digit for too long. Also, putting plants into the ground w ambient air temps of 100-104 for 10+ days before during and after planting, doesn't set up the odds for survival too well. Plus the soil N of Austin TX isn't sandy loam, it's a rocky/soil blend. Her retirement community is also going on water rationing. To fill the truck, it $130 and right under 6 hrs rd trip. I am ok w that part, but the heat, damnnnnn.

So, I am looking for some artillery to postpone until the heat retreats to some extent. I really like my MIL, but not looking forward to cooking outside. The heat index will be in the 114-118 range....and no, plenty of beer isn't the answer :LOL:

Thanks for your feedback...
Buy you a canopy to sit under and cook and a fan that spays water on you.

/ What would you do ? #67  
Visit, explain that your health comes first and you do not want to be a burden to your wife.
Transplanting plants in those temps is a losing proposition.
Take MIL out to an Air Conditioned restaurant and have a cane ready for yourself.
Grow some!

/ What would you do ? #68  
The reality of water rationing ought to be the final nail in the coffin--for the activity, not for you. Scratch the plan until cooler temps prevail and watering is not a problem.

/ What would you do ? #69  
And we are supposed to get rain below 7,000-ft, and snow above for the next three days. It has been raining at least three days a week since the snow thawed. Just saw the first high water inn the river, about six weeks late.

I still have the studdies on my rigs. We had snow down at 4200 ft, three weeks ago.

I’m terribly afraid it will quit raining, and get hot and dry very fast. Turning all the grass and light brush which are about three times as tall as normal, and growing fast due to all the moisture, into fine fuels for a huge fire.

/ What would you do ? #70  
Well, I have hated New England (from KY originally and lived all over)... but at this point NE is looking pretty good. It's running around 75 these days. BUT... I'll take your area in the winter.
When I lived on the MX border of AZ the workers started VERY early in the morning and quit at noon. Maybe that's a possibility.

Good luck!