What you got?

/ What you got? #51  
Thomas,
It was the narrow front end but I'm not sure which year. I remember my grandpa and dad's advice on driving those tricycle type tractors. They said to be careful if the front tires caught a rut, the steering wheel could turn quick enough to break your thumb. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif
18-64320-TractorsigK.JPG

/ What you got?
<font color=red>Thanks for starting this forum out, Paul! </font color=red>

No problem. Your post from a few weeks ago about your tractor is what got me thinking about it. That is a nice loking tractor. And I am glad to see you work it like it was made to./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ What you got?
MJB,
Nice old case. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif I did not know they had made a mid size tractor.

/ What you got? #54  
Gator

You should have used an ORC (over running coupler/clutch) when you were brushhogging. The momentum from the mower acts as a giant flywheel propelling a tractor w/o live PTO. Lucky you are alive.

Terry

/ What you got? #55  
Robert, I'm not looking for any particular manufacturer. I intend to use it for haying. I especially need something that size (60 hp range)for the square bailer. I'm open to almost anything that's in good shape.

A couple of months ago, John Miller III and I were at an auction, and a nice Massey Ferguson 175 went for only $2400. I would have loved to pick that up, but John and I were at another end of the field when it sold. I'm hopping something comes my way this spring. John and I will be at every auction we can get to!! It's nice having an advisor like John when you're tractor shopping!

Rich
"What a long strange trip it's been."

/ What you got? #56  
Mike, your Case is a beauty!

There's a guy who has a welding shop near me and he collects vintage Case tractors. He's got about a dozen lined up in front of his shop. I once asked if he would sell any, but he won't. I'll try to get a picture.

Rich
"What a long strange trip it's been."

/ What you got? #57  
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.ytmag.com>http://www.ytmag.com</A> has a link to serial numbers sorted by year. It would be easy to find the year that way. Look on the left side bar on that page

/ What you got? #58  
I went with a smaller tractor. I have a '41 Farmall A. I wanted a Cub originally, but could not find one locally at the time. I went with a smaller tractor for storage reasons, and becuase it is easier to work on than a larger tractor(space and weight).

This "A" is pretty simple. It has a PTO, is wide front for stability, and has a simple electical system. Actually, the whole electrical system is a kill switch, since it has no starter, lights, ect. She is a crank start(starts on 2nd or 3rd crank).

I have a 5' sickle mower I'm rebuilding. I would like to get a belly mower some day. I think a belly blade would be cool too, for road upkeep. I think it would be better than the scraper box on the Kubota...

I would like to have a small collection one day. My wish list, in order, is a Cub, a JD "L", and a Allis "B". I'd like a Allis "B", since the Farmall "A" was built specifically to compete with the very successful Allis "B".

Here's a couple picture links, from the Placerville Calif Christmas parade
http://home.pacbell.net/olsonpk/pack117/gallery/0104.htm

/ What you got? #59  
My father mowed the lawn for years with an old Farmall Cub Lo-boy with a 5' belly mower. It was a good mowing tractor except that it was a little underpowered in deep grass. You also had to plan your mowing pattern so that the engine would be on the uphill side when mowing sidehills. I once saw a Farmall A that had rolled over when the operator crossed a fairly steep sidehill with the engine on the downhill side. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

/ What you got? #60  
Got a 1951 Ford 8N with a Wagner loader. Would like to freshen her up a bit with an engine overhaul. Now that I have the new Kubota I will have the opportunity to take her out of service for a little while.

I like my Kubota, but there is something about this 50+ year old tractor, the way it sounds and it's stability that really impresses me.

Randy