What's happened to Shield Arc

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #91  
^^^ I believe you have hit the nail on the head... customers for whatever reason do not understand "Ownership" has limitations and many purchases are not purchases in the traditional sense.

In the early years of medical billing software we jumped in and negotiated a provision that should the program no longer be supported the developer would provide the source code at no charge upon request... signed by the company CEO

So all is well for a long time until the day comes when end of life/support notice is mailed for the software and offering existing customers a discount to migrate to the new version.

We sent a certified letter exercising our right for the source codes... lets just say things got really interesting fast.

In short, we got all the new software and support at no charge... only because of the source code contract provision our Hospital Doctor CEO had inserted... (His son was a software developer)

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #92  
^^^ I believe you have hit the nail on the head... customers for whatever reason do not understand "Ownership" has limitations and many purchases are not purchases in the traditional sense.

In the early years of medical billing software we jumped in and negotiated a provision that should the program no longer be supported the developer would provide the source code at no charge upon request... signed by the company CEO

So all is well for a long time until the day comes when end of life/support notice is mailed for the software and offering existing customers a discount to migrate to the new version.

We sent a certified letter exercising our right for the source codes... lets just say things got really interesting fast.

In short, we got all the new software and support at no charge... only because of the source code contract provision our Hospital Doctor CEO had inserted... (His son was a software developer)

Now that was smart :)

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #94  
Anyone been in contact with Shield Arc?

Dragoneggs or tractorseabee? Lately?

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #95  
I haven't... and cannot find Carl's number! Ron?

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #96  
I just sent Carl a personal. Lets see if he responds. If not I will try and go see him soon. I am now getting back up to speed after this cardiac problem. Pacemaker is installed and doing its job. Even back to light welding, have to stay under 160 Amps DC. So far no problems. I, have been sleeping a lot more so haven't been very active on TBN. Try to respond more now.

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #97  
I haven't... and cannot find Carl's number! Ron?

If you have not yet found his telephone number PM me I have it.

I know he was having additional issue on top of the rest. He has not been on WW since January I believe.

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #98  
I have been trying to call him. His phone tries to go to "leave a message" but you cannot leave a message. I tried to find his place again but having only been there a couple times 2-3 years ago I could not find it. Based on his medical condition when I last saw him I kind of think he has shut down. I will keep trying now that I have his # but do not hold out any hope.

Ron

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #99  
I have been trying to call him. His phone tries to go to "leave a message" but you cannot leave a message. I tried to find his place again but having only been there a couple times 2-3 years ago I could not find it. Based on his medical condition when I last saw him I kind of think he has shut down. I will keep trying now that I have his # but do not hold out any hope.

Ron
Thanks Ron. I tried to find his driveway a couple weeks ago and can't remember either.

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #100  
Do you know his last name? Should be able to lookup the address and other information through his county tax records.