Wheel Motors

/ Wheel Motors #51  
It is not a bad idea to buy end caps and plugs for each size. I try to have at least four of each size.

Ken

/ Wheel Motors
That's on my list Ken Thanks ..

/ Wheel Motors
OK finally got the old motor off with a few of the suggested tricks from members on here. And the new wheel motor on and my new loaded tires installed. And all is running nice and smooth again.

At first I though I was dead in the water.. The new motor would not fit in the mount area. It was much longer than the old one. A fitting was in the way it was attached to the left side lift cylinder so I removed the cylinder pin and took the cylinder off and moved it aside. While I was in there I cleaned up and painted a few places.

I had just barely enough room to get the new motor in place by maybe 1/8 of an inch. I also had to reverse the large cylinder pin for the extra space. While I was in there I found a rubbing hose the coating was gone. So I wrapped with electrical tape and inserted a smooth piece of plastic behind it to help protect the hose.

I torqued the new hub down onto the motor shaft. It went on to easy so I'm still a little nervous about that. The carter pin hole on the new tapered shaft was smaller than the original motor shaft. I put a stiffer style pin in the hole. The new motor had no case drain so I plugged up and tied off the old hose.

The vibration I had under load is gone and the PT seems to run very smooth. So far I see no leaks anywhere after running it around the property for about an hour. I felt pretty confident I could change out the motor after reading through various old posts on this forum.

But I want to thank everyone on here who gave me tips and helped me get her back up and running. A special thanks to Kent T for emailing me with some added directions. That made the job so much easier than it would have been.

Since my old motors are obsolete and Power Trac removed the labels. I still have no idea what motor this is other than it being a White. So I plan to eventually cut off the old mounts and upgrade the old motors and follow Kent's lead.

Now on to other upgrades like a Rop's and replace any old hose's etc.

I gotta say I was going through some serious PT withdraw, it's nice to have the old girl back up and running.. Had some pictures but wouldn't let me upload for some reason.

Last edited:
   / Wheel Motors
All of a sudden I can upload pic's to go with the above wheel motor post / install. The pictures were not in the order I selected but you can fill in the blanks. Hopefully this may help someone else with an older machine.

Shows the difference between my old Parker Wheel motor / hubs and the newer White motor with thicker hubs, sent to me from Terry. The newer motor did not have a case drain so I had to cap that hose off.

The motor was too long I ended up having to move the lift cylinder over and the pin out of the way so it would fit into the mount area. I only made it by about 1/8 of an inch. After I turned the pin around.

So far the new motor is working great and I can't tell the difference. I have installed my new loaded tires they seem to be very stable easy on the grass and I really like the ride over the Bar tires that originally came with the PT.

I also just ordered a new seat, the same stock seat but with arm rests. I like the stock seat because it has length wise metal backing more protection for my back in case of a engine fire etc.

I will be upgrading gradually starting with a Rop's in the not so distant future. Once again thanks for all of the tips and help.

Attachments

• Power Trac Hub 025.jpg
    Power Trac Hub 025.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 105
  • New Hydraulic Motor 016.jpg
    New Hydraulic Motor 016.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 130
  • PT new tires and wheel motor 002.jpg
    PT new tires and wheel motor 002.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 136
  • PT new tires and wheel motor 012.jpg
    PT new tires and wheel motor 012.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 112
  • PT new tires and wheel motor 004.jpg
    PT new tires and wheel motor 004.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 129
  • PT new tires and wheel motor 009.jpg
    PT new tires and wheel motor 009.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 138
  • PT new tires and wheel motor 014.jpg
    PT new tires and wheel motor 014.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 122
  • PT new tires and wheel motor 024.jpg
    PT new tires and wheel motor 024.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 135
  • PT new tires and wheel motor 128.jpg
    PT new tires and wheel motor 128.jpg
    356.3 KB · Views: 157
  • PT new tires and wheel motor 104.jpg
    PT new tires and wheel motor 104.jpg
    295.3 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
   / Wheel Motors
Yes it is.. Going to install my new seat today .. It's Getting there... ;)