Wheel Motors

/ Wheel Motors #41  
Gently rub some of the black paint off that label to see the brand. .

/ Wheel Motors
Was in a hurry thanks will do.. And thanks again for the offer on the hydraulic puller.. Looks like it's a Parker..

Last edited:
   / Wheel Motors #43  
Yeah, I thought so. Can you peek at one of the other motors without pulling the hub? While these motors are interchangeable, as you know I'm sure, I haven't heard of PT using Parker motors before.

/ Wheel Motors
I'll do that to make sure they are all the same. I went online and found a couple of sites that sell Parker's. I don't see my particular model. Being Sunday I sent them an email to see if they have a rebuilt motor, they claim to have over 150,000 units and most are not listed.

Will probably give them a call too, if I don't hear back by tomorrow. Good luck replacing your motors..

Last edited:
   / Wheel Motors #45  
You might also check with PT on Monday. Based on what others have reported, their price to rebuild the motor isn't too bad. It's a fairly straight forward job and you know who you're dealing with as opposed to a random repair shop.

/ Wheel Motors
Called in on Friday and talked to Terry he was suppose to get back to me.. Will be giving him a call back on Monday also... Thanks. Yes all four motors are the same Parker's ..

/ Wheel Motors #47  
That's good news since it suggests these are the original motors.

/ Wheel Motors #48  
There's no good way to bleed new motors. Fill it up before the install. It will be spongey for awhile but the air does get flushed out via the case drains and the pressure cycling.

Just don't expect to stop instantly when you first start out...

All the best,

Peter

/ Wheel Motors
Thanks Peter

That's what I figured. A lot of the oil drained out in-spite of my rubber banding the hose ends with plastic wrap.. Since I've never done this before.. Just wanted to double check that there was not any way for air to circulate around and get into the main drive pumps and do damage.

/ Wheel Motors
Called Terry back they could not find a part number for my old 1425 Parker wheel motors.. Terry said they have tried to rebuild these motors before and it did not hold up.

Terry said he had a customer with the same problem an older machine. Instead of replacing all four motors they suggested a White P-141-x12 wheel motor as a replacement he said he couldn't guarantee it but, the customer did report back that it worked fine and he couldn't tell the difference.

I also had to buy a new hub to fit it the old hub can't be used. So both are on the way.. Guess with an older machine I'm going to run into a few of these issues.. Hope this motor works well and holds up.

Last edited: