Wheel spacers

/ Wheel spacers #1  

scootr

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5200 HST, 773 Bobcat, Cat forklift
Wheel spacers ? What are your thoughts on rear wheel spacers for increased stability?
If you have used them please post the size, the make, and the results.

/ Wheel spacers #2  
On my Kubota B2601 I installed steel Bora 2” rear wheel spacers. I would have gone with 3” spacers on that tractor but, those would have interfered with the 60” MMM.

I went with steel spacers because they’re heavier and more durable, however, they require preparation and paint before installation.

The 2” spacers definitely made an improvement in stability while working on my hills. I do recommend them.

Mike

/ Wheel spacers
Thanks for your reply -

Last edited:
   / Wheel spacers #4  
I put BRO-TEC three inch spacers on rear of my MF GC1715 (sub compact) and was impressed with the stability, as much of my tractor work is on hillsides (gently) .. It's amazing what a extras 6 inches of width made in "working" with tractor...

/ Wheel spacers #7  
I had my Branson dealer change the wheels and tires for slightly smaller diameter ones that come on a model with 2hp less, and put spacers on the rears. All this was before delivery so I can't say what the improvement in stability was. But it's very stable on side hills compared to my last tractor.

/ Wheel spacers #8  
Spacer on B2650 does make different when on uneven ground. (y)

/ Wheel spacers #9  
Width means everything when it comes to stability... Whether tractors, mowers, boom lifts etc..
Cut some fairly steep ditch banks with the chopper on the horizontal..
BCC5CE7B-CC53-4FB3-9DD4-6FAB671B551F.JPG

/ Wheel spacers
Big difference in the stance there between the Craftsman and the Chopper