Which Backpack Blower?

TMGT

Elite Member
Tractor
B2620
I like this 4 stroke Makita EB7660TH. Easy to start, TONs of power, and comfortable. Best part is with it being 4 stroke, the wife can fire it up and use it
I like my makita/dolmar saws and looked at their blowers, but their backpack blower is about 5lbs heavier and much lower output, after an hr of straight use those extra 5lbs are brutal!

Last edited:

Number15

Silver Member
Tractor
Branson 5520CH, Grasshopper 928D2
I just purchased my first backpack blower. After a bit of searching I ended up with a Shidaiwa eb910. It is extremely difficult to move forward when this thing is blowing at full speed. It's like walking against a hurricane wind gale. So far I like it a lot.

Jchonline

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M62, M7060, X1100C
Echo for me as well, we have one that is almost 10 years old, gets used a couple of times a week blowing grass on 4 acres (around 8 structures)...but we don't have a ton of leaf blowing. So far it has been fairly bulletproof.

ArlyA

Elite Member
Houghton MI (the Lake Superior snow belt) USA
Tractor
Polaris Boss 6x6 with pods (tracks) Center actuating lawn mower by Husky
I just purchased my first backpack blower. After a bit of searching I ended up with a Shidaiwa eb910. It is extremely difficult to move forward when this thing is blowing at full speed. It's like walking against a hurricane wind gale. So far I like it a lot.
Please set about its features, backpack, etc, etc. Its the fuel caps good on it? Photos are good.

Last edited:

Number15

Silver Member
Tractor
Branson 5520CH, Grasshopper 928D2
Please set about its features, backpack, etc, etc. Are it caps good on it? Photos are good.
I'm back in FL for a few days so I can't get real pics.
80cc 2 stroke
1100 cfm
220 mph wind speed
26lbs (a little heavy) but it's comfortable to wear and it sucks wind across your back to keep you cool.

don't know what you mean by caps (typo?)
it was at the very top of my budget plus 100 dollar :)

EB910-(2).png

TMGT

Elite Member
Tractor
B2620
I'm back in FL for a few days so I can't get real pics.
80cc 2 stroke
1100 cfm
220 mph wind speed
26lbs (a little heavy) but it's comfortable to wear and it sucks wind across your back to keep you cool.

don't know what you mean by caps (typo?)
it was at the very top of my budget plus 100 dollar :)

View attachment 706249
Nice, I didn't realize it was a rebranded Echo 9010, you'll like it, Echo makes an excellent product.