Which Backpack Blower?

/ Which Backpack Blower? #51  
Best would be a batter powered one. You're emmitting A LOT of pollution that is very close to yourself and therefore breathing a lot of it.

If you want to make the job take way longer that might be a good plan. The blower exhaust is on your back and blowing away from you. It’s pretty much not a concern.

/ Which Backpack Blower? #52  
The exhaust pollution and noise ARE a concern to others.

/ Which Backpack Blower? #53  
I have a Stihl and it's been a great machine I also find that my Echo equipment that i use is very dependable.

/ Which Backpack Blower? #54  
I have more concern with the battery manufacturing then exhaust emissions on a small engine.

I have a 2 gas backpack blowers and a battery backpack blower. The battery has its place but it just isn't up to the job when I have a lot of work to do.

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using TractorByNet mobile app

/ Which Backpack Blower? #55  

So you’d rather listen to the obnoxious whine of the electric blower all day vs listen to an 8500 for an hour? Seems logical.

/ Which Backpack Blower?

I will use electric devices when they are practical, but 1) there is no electric blower capable of this kind of work. And 2) thinking the ACTUAL pollution difference between using a properly tuned gas blower vs. the toxic rare earth and lithium mining and manufacturing processes used to create electrical devices just as noisy and less efficient in this application, is ignorant of true stewardship of nature.

Remember, my post was a comparison among specific machines. Your response would have been helpful if you could suggest a machine comparable to those listed, as others did.

/ Which Backpack Blower? #57  
I have lots of battery tools, like most guys have these days. I do love my cordless drills n saws. But when we go out onto the trails, no battery tools go with us.

/ Which Backpack Blower? #59  
I have lots of battery tools, like most guys have these days. I do love my cordless drills n saws. But when we go out onto the trails, no battery tools go with us.

Same here. I have a lot of cordless tools and I actually do have a cordless blower that I use to blow dust off trim before painting. I know there’s better cordless blowers than the one I have but there’s still nothing even close to an 8500 backpack blower. There’s battery string trimmers that offer pretty good service but why spend money to change something thar isn’t broken? A battery chainsaw is more of a yard cleanup tool. They’ll never be a serious firewood cutting tool.

/ Which Backpack Blower? #60  
I will use electric devices when they are practical, but 1) there is no electric blower capable of this kind of work. And 2) thinking the ACTUAL pollution difference between using a properly tuned gas blower vs. the toxic rare earth and lithium mining and manufacturing processes used to create electrical devices just as noisy and less efficient in this application, is ignorant of true stewardship of nature.

Remember, my post was a comparison among specific machines. Your response would have been helpful if you could suggest a machine comparable to those listed, as others did.

Not only that but let’s assume the electric blower actually was zero emissions. We both know that’s bs but let’s assume for a minute it’s actually true. What percentage of the global emissions comes from leaf blowers? So if everyone in the world threw away their gas blower and bought this mythical zero emissions blower how much would actually be helped? In reality you’d be throwing away a non recyclable tool that’s already been built to create more emissions to build another tool, creating more emissions to get the new tool to you, creating emissions to build a several pound heavy metal battery that’ll probably one day end up polluting the water in the landfill and still creating emissions to charge the battery while still annoying your neighbors with an obnoxious whine of an electric blower thar takes way longer to get the job done. But go ahead and give yourself a pat on the back for saving the environment.