which forged 3/8 hooks?

/ which forged 3/8 hooks? #1  

ArlyA

Houghton MI (the Lake Superior snow belt) USA
Tractor
Polaris Boss 6x6 with pods (tracks) Center actuating lawn mower by Husky
Silly question for you smart guys. I ordered some 3/8 forged weld-on hooks and used them on the black painted part seen in the below photo. I subsequently needed more and ordered the same off of Amazonie and got the straight style of hooks that are for holding chain, but they don't work in this application. What are the black painted type of hook called?? I can't seem to find them now!

Attachments

• 2new38g7weldongrab_d8284_redhoundauto_redhounda_708__1_6e20d927-c412-4b31-ae2a-d4bf5f536176_300x.jpg
    2new38g7weldongrab_d8284_redhoundauto_redhounda_708__1_6e20d927-c412-4b31-ae2a-d4bf5f536176_300x.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 181
  • newhitch(cropped).jpg
    newhitch(cropped).jpg
    88 KB · Views: 297
   / which forged 3/8 hooks? #2  
   / which forged 3/8 hooks? #3  

Last edited:
   / which forged 3/8 hooks? #4  
I've never seen a forged hook like that, it looks like a regular weld on one that been cut off.

/ which forged 3/8 hooks?
I've never seen a forged hook like that, it looks like a regular weld on one that been cut off.

Its a normal 3/8 hook, only difference is the chain might slide through it since its more open at the top. Nonetheless, this style worked perfectly in the application I'm using them in. I purchased three like this and now I can't find them. They were welded on without any modification. Should have got more! Thanks to all who looked.

/ which forged 3/8 hooks? #6  
I couldn't find those either......weird....are they a hybrid between a grab hook and a slip hook. :confused::confused2:

/ which forged 3/8 hooks? #7  
More mysterious than the hook is what's it welded to??

More mysterious than the hook is what's it welded to??

A extended length mini pintle hitch which are only used within the XC grooming world. I'll try find a photo of it in use... Found one!

Attachments

• pintlehitch.jpg
    pintlehitch.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 233
  • new drag static.c.jpg
    new drag static.c.jpg
    512.1 KB · Views: 231
   / which forged 3/8 hooks? #9  
Thanks for the explanation!!! From that angle it just looks like a slip hook. But I guess the contact point is the problem?

Thanks for the explanation!!! From that angle it just looks like a slip hook. But I guess the contact point is the problem?

The need to be wider for the implement ring, than these chain hooks are. Here is what the original hitches looked like made from a slip hooks, but they took much more time to assemble.

Attachments

• Beast new hitch (DL.jpg
    Beast new hitch (DL.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 207