Which oil is better??

/ Which oil is better?? #111  
When you get on your keyboard lately you're demonstrating your ignorance. Look up a Frantz filter.
I have to respond to ignorance so........ Frantz filter on a car that didn't exist 😂 🤣 And you call ignorance ?😂🤣:sneaky:

Stick around, If possible, we'll educate ya here 🤣 😂

/ Which oil is better?? #112  
I have to respond to ignorance so........ Frantz filter on a car that didn't exist 😂 🤣 And you call ignorance ?😂🤣:sneaky:

But back to the original discussion: I have been getting about 300k miles on vehicles running plain old Quaker State oil. I do change at recommended intervals.

/ Which oil is better?? #113  

Buddy, the more you post the more foolish you get. Wait until the alcohol you've consumed wears off. Then re-read what was posted. If you can't figure it out that's ok just go back to telling about your $1000 chain saw!

/ Which oil is better?? #114  
Buddy, the more you post the more foolish you get. Wait until the alcohol you've consumed wears off. Then re-read what was posted. If you can't figure it out that's ok just go back to telling about your $1000 chain saw!
I just love reading your lies. Continue on ! You must be trying to raise your post count !🤣😂😂
I don't need to raise mine. I've been here for a while ! 🤣 😂

Last edited:
   / Which oil is better?? #115  
But back to the original discussion: I have been getting about 300k miles on vehicles running plain old Quaker State oil. I do change at recommended intervals.
I used it back in the late 70's. I didn't know it was still around. Can't say I have really looked for it though .
Back then, people claimed it would gum up your engine.
I never had any issues with it gumming up mine

/ Which oil is better?? #116  
I used it back in the late 70's. I didn't know it was still around. Can't say I have really looked for it though .
Back then, people claimed it would gum up your engine.
I never had any issues with it gumming up mine
I usually run QS synthetic in my gasser engines and Rotella T6 in diesels. I had a VW TDI, and the only oil VW approved was Castrol synthetic 0-20, that’s what I used for that car.

/ Which oil is better?? #118  
Absolutely, makes complete sense. But I did too, see my post #73, with way less changes using Amsoil. Still had great protection and fuel economy on my trucks, and when I sold them with stupid odometer numbers, I sold them to locals. Full disclosure to the buyers about the maintenance schedule and sometimes provided recent UOA as well. Different maintenance schedules between me and most folks but similar end results, none the less. For me Amsoil gave me a safety buffer, due to my difficulty of being timely, because of the high mileage in a short time period and a stupid busy life… So I’m not bashing other oil brands, just saying what worked for me, for many years and about 15 Toyota trucks, and still does even though I’m retired now.

Last edited:
   / Which oil is better?? #120  
I’m 75, have had 24 cars and 5 pickups ranging from a ‘51 Chevrolet to a ‘2021 BMW X3, so my sample of 1 person must be tops. I’ve had ignition system, fuel system and cooling system problems but never an oil related problem if you exclude my ‘85 S-10 Blazer that dumped it’s cool and into the crankcase through a failed manifold gasket. Oils all over the map with one caveat - never have bought cheap oils. I could rate the best oil as what BMW supplies as my 2000 and 2008 went over 20,000 miles between changes (per the cars oil monitoring system) without ever having to add. Now BMW has changed to yearly oil change and I don’t drive 20,000 miles yearly anymore. I have run nothing except synthetics for ages including in the 7 tractors I’ve had. Yup, I’ve run Amsoil - in my snowmobiles as they were the first I remember and we could run a low oil to fuel ratio in the mix your own and no longer had plug fouling problems. But picking one brand as better - with all the engines I’ve had over the years and no oil failures, how could I pick one? The people who really have info are the rental companies, the trucking companies, all of those with huge fleets. My example of one owner with many engines over 70 years (no, I didn’t get the ‘51 Chev new at age 5 - dad bought it for me uses at age 13) doesn’t mean squat.