Why are my loader cylinders out of sync?

/ Why are my loader cylinders out of sync? #22  
plowhog, It is easy to see that your cross tube is twisted:

twisted.jpg

/ Why are my loader cylinders out of sync? #23  
Your loader arms are fine, that torque tube is twisted.
It's an easy cheap fix.

/ Why are my loader cylinders out of sync? #24  
Yes twisted torque tube. As others said, cut it and reweld. I had that happen on a Kubota MX 5200, welded and reinforced it with angle iron. Works fine now. W. Jones

/ Why are my loader cylinders out of sync? #25  
I actually don't see a torque tube for the QA in the OP's photo. Hard to tell from the angle of the pic if there is a frame between the two sides of the QA or if they are independent. A beeter angle might tell a different story? Also wondering if those are aftermarket cylinders?

Perhaps The OP can supply us with additional pics.

Last edited:
   / Why are my loader cylinders out of sync? #26  
I checked the loader arms, torque tube, etc. I cannot find anything that looks bent or twisted. I'm not sure what exactly to look for other than general alignment. I did put a straight edge along the torque tube, on top and also on the side. It was plumb and not bent. Are there better ways to check for a bent loader arm?

Here is a pix of the two SSQA plates that are misaligned. btw, I measured the "chrome" part of the cylinder that is showing when this pix was taken. It's 2 7/8" of chrome on one side, and 3 1/2" of chrome on the other side. I kind of suspect that is where the problem is, but I don't really know. Seems one cylinder is extending more than the other.

Again, at full travel, both cylinders retract fully, and at full extension, one extends 1/4" longer than the other. So at max travel I have only 1/4" difference, but in this photo, with only partial travel, I have 5/8" difference.

???

I actually don't see a torque tube for the QA in the OP's photo. Hard to tell from the angle of the pic if there is a frame between the two sides of the QA or if they are independent. A beeter angle might tell a different story? Also wondering if those are aftermarket cylinders?

/ Why are my loader cylinders out of sync? #27  

The torque bar is just below the pins on the QA, appears to be a solid bar.

With only that much bend it shouldn't be an issue to bend it back, no cutting necessary hopefully.
My skid steer has a bolt on tube, real easy to fix if it gets out of sync!

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using TractorByNet mobile app

/ Why are my loader cylinders out of sync? #28  
Sounds like the cross member between the lift arms at the quick connect have twisted. It happened to me once when my grapple came loose from one side. I cut the bent tubing out and replaced it with a solid steel bar.
Fladogman

nice job on that. the only caveat might be that should the same scenario happen again, under full load, the arms themselves could be at risk for being bent rather than the tube. structurally, if the solid bar were the best design, K would have designed it that way? just a thought, again, good weld up job
I had the option of making it weaker by adding a smaller diameter tube or making it stronger by going solid steel, I chose the latter. Mine twisted right at the end so trying to weld on to it was questionable. So far it's been good, time will tell. Worse case scenario I have to replace the ssqa.

/ Why are my loader cylinders out of sync? #29  
I like the bright "don't forgetem" paint on the quick attach levers.
Thanks, a limb had come through the grapple and pushed the lever up. I didn't notice it until it was too late. Now I can't miss them lol.