Why isn't anyone talking about the Deutz Fahr 5080d?

/ Why isn't anyone talking about the Deutz Fahr 5080d? #41  
   / Why isn't anyone talking about the Deutz Fahr 5080d? #42  
We just had a Deutz Fahr dealership open in Athens. They have a dozen or so tractors on the lot so far. Have not had a chance to stop in yet.

/ Why isn't anyone talking about the Deutz Fahr 5080d? #43  
Hello Letthegoodpinesroll. You will find that the controls are colour coded. Blue =hydraulics, orange= transmission/brakes, and yellow = pto. This should help in instructing beginners.
The gearbox on your tractor is a 15 speed and sounds similar to the 24 speed further up the range. It handles like the JD Quad shift if you have driven one.
Do you have a sunroof in your cab for high level work?(stacking haysheds) if so you will be pleased to know that the shroud does not buzz, my bosses tractors are 7 and 15 years old and the cabs are inpressively quiet for their age in terms of no squeaks,rattles or buzzes. Engine noise is also low.
You say you are on hills so I would be advise you to widen the rear track for stability.
3 Pairs of scv's mean you can have a 3 way hydraulic back blade. I recommend you get a tail wheel, as it way ,way easier to operate. (I used to do house pads and footpaths years ago,with a back blade.It's bobcats these days)
Under New Zealand conditions the aircon is a bit weak. Contractors report good results using a tint on the windows to reduce cab temps.
Good luck and we would like a product review at 3 months and 12 months. What is right, and what is wrong AND WHY.

/ Why isn't anyone talking about the Deutz Fahr 5080d? #44  
To those who refered to Fendt tractors, they are a good tractor BUT are complicated and require some prior knowledge. It is a push button tractor with things hidden in multi layered menu's. Also unless you have an americanised operator manual, the european terms may not match US terms. Try finding a specific function when it is written under a strange term you never heard of. Very frustrating. But they are VERY confortable, as they are aimed at the professionals.

/ Why isn't anyone talking about the Deutz Fahr 5080d? #45  
We just had a Deutz Fahr dealership open in Athens. They have a dozen or so tractors on the lot so far. Have not had a chance to stop in yet.
Funny, we have one in our Athens as well (TN)

/ Why isn't anyone talking about the Deutz Fahr 5080d? #46  
To those who refered to Fendt tractors, they are a good tractor BUT are complicated and require some prior knowledge. It is a push button tractor with things hidden in multi layered menu's. Also unless you have an americanised operator manual, the european terms may not match US terms. Try finding a specific function when it is written under a strange term you never heard of. Very frustrating. But they are VERY confortable, as they are aimed at the professionals.
Slowly taking over in my area. Lots of them out there. I think farmers were looking for higher comfort and ease of operation with higher road speeds. Theres an excellent AGCO dealer in my area moving them rapidly.
It seemed like JCB would make it as a large custom farming tractor and they still are gaining, but small gains. Fendt has seemed to be everything JCB is and more.
Personally, I’d like to see someone stuff an L-9 Cummins in a legacy brand, like Massey or Challenger, or a CNH and I think farmers might buy them.

/ Why isn't anyone talking about the Deutz Fahr 5080d? #49  
Looking at the specs it seems like a decent tractor, I wouldn't be afraid of one.

/ Why isn't anyone talking about the Deutz Fahr 5080d? #50  
Raul
Total Pump Flow16.49 gpm

willy