why so many jeeps now on road?

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #11  
Gas was way cheaper her and can show plenty of places where fuel has doubled in price...

It beats the alternative but the conversation is again shifting to mpg...

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #12  
hen there is the new Jeep Pickup...don't get me started on that wannabe retro model, i have too many enemies already

I agree 100%. The old pickups were versatile work horses, now they're a status symbol which doesn't deserve the name "Willys".
A coworker is a jeep fan from way back, but this time he went with a Toyota because he got tired of the repairs on his last 2 Wranglers.

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #13  
Its Jeeps and "stealth vans" here, quite a few with out of state license plates. People moving in to retire here as land prices where low at the beginning of Covid.

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #14  
Mr Potato Head doesn't use any gas, I can hang on lots of bling, and with a little mud splashed on I can say I went off-road with him.

Being driven to an appointment yesterday we passed one semi and were passed by five Jeeps in 8 miles. Two were the C-whatever 'aerodynamic fuel misers' with jumbo tires and shiny metallic paint, and three were Jeep SUVs with two of their drivers dutifully holding their phones on the steering wheel while texting.

Hey, underpaid food workers can dream too. btw, Heater B had parts fall off her Compass within the first year and still under full 'new car warranty'. It only cost her ~$154 for the dealer to fix it. :unsure:

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #15  
I own a Jeep Wrangler and while it isn't my first choice as a daily driver or work vehicle, it is my first choice that allows me to flat tow it behind my RV. Meanwhile, it has been handy while building a home site. It handles the mountains, mud, and tight turns.

If you want good gas mileage, look elsewhere.

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #16  
Well I almost succumbed to the Jeep allure.
I have been driving my FWD VW TDI all these years and fighting my way up hill back home when it gets snowy so I decided I needed a 4wd winter ride.
Started looking at Wranglers and was blown away by the prices people were asking for rusty, old Jeeps.
I actually bought one with the fantasy of putting some money into it and fixing it. But my bubble was popped before I even got it home. Way too much work for me.
I sold it as fast as I bought it. Good luck to the next guy.
Then I looked at Tacoma's, since a pick up would be more practical but ran into the same high dollar issue.
Finally found the perfect vehicle, a well used Nissan Frontier 4x4. Priced thousands below either of the above machines and a solid mid sized truck.

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #18  
I agree 100%. The old pickups were versatile work horses, now they're a status symbol which doesn't deserve the name "Willys".
A coworker is a jeep fan from way back, but this time he went with a Toyota because he got tired of the repairs on his last 2 Wranglers.
I’m on my third Jeep. The first one I sold still running great with 273k miles. The second I gave to my son with 216k miles and he drove it another 60k before trading it in. My current Jeep has 130k miles (just getting broken in). I have never had any serious repair issues: just maintenance items like brakes and an occasional water pump.

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #19  
The REAL question is, why do so many jeeps need repairs?? I wouldn't own one if they were half the price!!

SR
1637388705153.jpeg

Do you actually have real world knowledge or just feel like hatin on Jeep?
Ours had one issue so far. Fixed under warranty (radio).

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #20  
I drove from Colorado to Cape Cod via the southern route this last year and was astonished at the number of Jeeps I saw. On the East Coast, all though the Carolinas, Tenn., and southern states and even up in downtown Boston. All those businessmen driving Jeeps on the highway seemed like some sort of sci-fi movie.

Jeeps aren't as popular here in the Rocky Mountains.
Instead, out here in the rural West where one might expect to see a lot of Jeeps you see mostly Japanese 4WDs - both trucks and cars.
rScotty