Windows Critical Update

/ Windows Critical Update #1  

Gator6x4

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota Grand L3830
   / Windows Critical Update #2  
MS has soooooo many vulnerabilities, it is truly hard to tell. Hackers are still using loopholes meant for the guberment to snoop in yer stuff.....funny enough. I've worked in IT since the mid 90's.

/ Windows Critical Update #3  
No surprise there. If it's man made software anything - it is vulnerable to anything. Some more than others.

/ Windows Critical Update
   / Windows Critical Update #6  
Yes but they do not tell about it. The largest user device hack ever was on Apple Devices.

Apple has nowhere near the problems Microsoft does with hacking. The iOS hack you posted didn’t actually do anything malicious. I seriously doubt it could have given the OS and security escalation procedures Apple OS has in place.

So no it really isn’t a comparison…like Apples to Buffalo.

That said there is always the possibility Apple OS will have vulnerabilities…but they are much much much less likely. Why? Apple OS X was based on Unix, which is a Network OS built from the ground up for security. Windows x.x ran on top of DOS, which was designed for user friendliness and compatibility with a large number of hardware integrations.

Fundamentally Windows will never be close to Apple with regards to security unless they completely trash the foundation of the OS they use and start over.

I still use them both and like them for different reasons.

/ Windows Critical Update #7  
I have a MAC and I’ve never had a problem. Ever. Never.

The iPhone never has issues either.

But I’ve had 2 window pc’s that got infected and had to be rebooted back to a prior time. Don’t understand it all but windows seems to be lots more vulnerable at least in my limited experiences.

MoKelly

/ Windows Critical Update #8  
The main, and I mean main reason apples don’t get hacked is cause they probibly account for only 10% of computers. Lets face it, I hate windows, but they have the lions share of the industry. So if you want to infect lots of computers, go after the largest pot.

i run my desktop windows thru a sandbox, and have never, never had an issue that compromised my unit. And I NEVER have updated my windows 7. I tried 3 different win10 machines, and all we slower and all gave me a blue screen of death cause they forced updates. I sent all 3 back.

/ Windows Critical Update #9  
The main, and I mean main reason apples don’t get hacked is cause they probibly account for only 10% of computers. Lets face it, I hate windows, but they have the lions share of the industry. So if you want to infect lots of computers, go after the largest pot.

i run my desktop windows thru a sandbox, and have never, never had an issue that compromised my unit. And I NEVER have updated my windows 7. I tried 3 different win10 machines, and all we slower and all gave me a blue screen of death cause they forced updates. I sent all 3 back.

That makes sense for computers.

So, I guess I better be quiet and not encourage others to go MAC!!!

Carry on folks - use windows.

MoKelly

/ Windows Critical Update #10  
My Win7 machine doesn't like the link provided by The Verge. I wonder if this is another attempt by MS to root all the old versions of Windows. They've tried that before so I stopped running MS updates. MS even went so far as to try and update my boot options on several update attempts. I just don't trust them any more.

By the way, the Verge link tries to run Flash Player to load software. Don't click on that either. (n)