Winter storage

/ Winter storage #1  

Jeepflambe

Tractor
troybilt
My old barn isn’t trustworthy anymore so the MF 255 will have to sleep outside this winter.
should I tarp cover it? An old farmer said to leave it out on the open?
Maybe a small cover over dash and hood? Opinions?

/ Winter storage #2  
Depends how much it snows/rains, if a lot stand a couple 2x4 on edge and put a tarp on it. Just make sure you have air flow end to end or side to side.

Oh and weigh down in a couple spots. Then at least your seat isnt wet or you won't have to dig out your floor/pedals.

/ Winter storage #3  
A tarp over a tractor can create an inviting space for rodents to set up housekeeping. If you do, check every so often for chewed hoses & wiring.

/ Winter storage #4  
I least cover dash seat controls.

/ Winter storage #5  
If you loe it a Costco type 10X20 carport would be swell!

/ Winter storage #7  
My old barn isn’t trustworthy anymore so the MF 255 will have to sleep outside this winter.
should I tarp cover it? An old farmer said to leave it out on the open?
Maybe a small cover over dash and hood? Opinions?
I've been storing my 1959 M-F 50 outside for 25 years without any problems ! I do make sure it is covered when I know it's going to rain or snow , Because water or moisture will get in around the shifter boots even if they are new & it's good idea to keep a block of wood with the clutch depressed to keep it from sticking to the flywheel , I would not leave her covered the whole time because mice are looking for shelter as well & are looking for a dry spot to nest . I like to leave it uncovered weather permitting & check it once a week & start her up at least once a month. My 50 is a gasoline engine & I use during the winter to split wood ! so it gets used on a regular basis & my newer tractor has a canopy but I still cover her as well & it's a diesel M-F 1526 (2018) & I go thru the same routine with this tractor as well & some of the neighbors cats like to hang here so I feed them once in awhile & they do do a great job as well taking care of the field mice. So moisture & rodents will be your biggest problems leaving your tractor outside.

/ Winter storage #8  
When I tore down my barn, I bought a 10x17 garage shelter from Harbor Freight for $200. Tractor spent 2 winters in the shelter before the new barn was completed.