Wire Fence unroller, does it exist?

/ Wire Fence unroller, does it exist? #31  
We had some deer damage to our grape vines. The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources gave us $5000 worth of fencing materials for free. Our fence cost $7000 so I had to make up the difference.

But the DNR also showed up with an enclosed trailer full of all of the tooling for installing fencing and left it on-site for a week or so until I was done. That was sweet!

Another way to attach the fence unroller.

Attachments

• IMG_0837.JPG
    IMG_0837.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0844.JPG
    IMG_0844.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 100
   / Wire Fence unroller, does it exist?
We had some deer damage to our grape vines. The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources gave us $5000 worth of fencing materials for free. Our fence cost $7000 so I had to make up the difference.

But the DNR also showed up with an enclosed trailer full of all of the tooling for installing fencing and left it on-site for a week or so until I was done. That was sweet!

Another way to attach the fence unroller.

The attachment to the front bucket looks very interesting. Do you have any more pics of that?

/ Wire Fence unroller, does it exist? #33  
Eddie,
You might take a look at this old thread. Some good ideas there. The one shown in the second post of that thread would work great on the receiver hitch of my Titan Pallet forks. I could tip the FEL down to "stab" a new roll and then curl up and make it upright.

Very Simple fence unroller

/ Wire Fence unroller, does it exist? #34  
In the past I've used a hand truck to get the wire where I want it. I was thinking that if I had something with a pole in the middle of the wire to keep it in place, that would be even better.

I'm also considering a dedicated trailer that I can pull it behind my Mule or even my truck. I saw a few that people have built and it looks simple enough.

Another options is to buy a quick attach plate and weld up something that will do all the lifting, and then drive backwards to unroll it.
I would find or make a 2 inch insert sort of like this one:

41ArXrO1ttL._AC_SY400_.jpeg

Then make a vertical post out of either round or square pipe and put a flat plate on it for the spool to sit on so that it is taller than the receiver insert.
Then you can load the roll of fence wire onto the spindle while it is leaning down and then flip it up and pin it in place to unroll it along the fence line.
Another option, might be to weld a vertical piece of pipe to the tail wheel of your bush hog and set the roll of fence wire on to that.

Aaron Z

/ Wire Fence unroller, does it exist? #35  
I handled 165 rolls of V Mesh all by my self with this wire handler. 200 of five foot horse non climb was easy.

The wire stretcher happened because I got tired of replacing boards and bolts on conventional wire stretchers. It痴 a lot easier to load and won稚 slip, works like a fire hose in a water gun fight.

Attachments

• 10E153CB-0C15-4F75-896D-076272C71824.jpeg
    10E153CB-0C15-4F75-896D-076272C71824.jpeg
    153.5 KB · Views: 103
  • DB941217-DE9E-4AF5-A122-4C4235DE2666.jpeg
    DB941217-DE9E-4AF5-A122-4C4235DE2666.jpeg
    133.8 KB · Views: 125
  • 35A5C8E7-2E0D-40E1-B90C-0392062277AF.jpeg
    35A5C8E7-2E0D-40E1-B90C-0392062277AF.jpeg
    149.9 KB · Views: 129
   / Wire Fence unroller, does it exist? #36  
This isn't hard to do, Eddie.

Back when my pool was being built in 1998, I made a ground tamper out of 2" solid railroad steel rod about 5' long and a railroad tie plate. It looks sorta like this:

th

Fast forward to 2015 or so and I needed to fence my dog run with +200' of fencing. In this case 5' goat fencing I think they call it. At my age, there is no way I'm walking around trying to unroll a 100' of fencing. :(

I simply clamped the tamper to one of my forks on the front of the tractor (using another tie plate and some bolts to do the clamping), put the fencing on the steel handle vertically and then unrolling it by driving backwards where the dog run is located.

I don't have pictures of the tamper or while doing the operation but here is a pic of the final product:

tYk1KDo.jpg

In the pic above, you can see my chicken coop attached to my chicken run (two 10'x10' chain link dog run minus one gate section) and then the dog run surrounding that using the one chicken run gate section as the gate for the dog run.

It's in the middle of my Poplar grove so it was a bit tricky maneuvering the tractor while driving backwards, but it worked out great. The fence was tight and is working pretty good (except for some storm damage from falling limbs).

Good luck!

/ Wire Fence unroller, does it exist?
Thank you. The picture of the tamper gives me ideas.

/ Wire Fence unroller, does it exist? #38  
One of those two wheeled dolly's with the handle for manually moving small trailers around might be a good base to start from? Not sure if they use a regular ball but if so, replace the ball with a long piece of all thread. Cut a disk out of something for the roll to spin on, slide it down over the all thread then use a piece of heavy schedule PVC pipe with spacers to keep the roll of wire centered. You would need a helper to stabilize the roll while you pulled the cart.