Chipper Woodmaxx WM-8H on mobile base?

/ Woodmaxx WM-8H on mobile base? #1  

Jeff59Va

Tractor
Kubota L3240HST, Kubota RTV1120D, Kubota BX2380
I finally got around to putting together the chipper I got in the spring, and I want to keep it indoors, so I built a mobile base for it. But the assembly instructions say the support leg should be down for storage, so now I’m wondering about the mobile base. I can’t imagine this thing would flop down by the chute since all the weight is at the other end 🤔. Does anyone have theirs on a mobile base? Any problems with stability?

/ Woodmaxx WM-8H on mobile base? #2  
I have my mx8800 on a pallet and move it around with my forks. It doesn't have a leg though. Is the leg there for support while chipping?

/ Woodmaxx WM-8H on mobile base?
I first thought it was for chipping to hold up large branches, but the manual says: "The support leg should be in the down position during storage only. When the chipper is attached to the tractor, the support leg should be in the up position at all times"

/ Woodmaxx WM-8H on mobile base? #4  
Mine's not on a dolly but I have not used the support leg. Put the leg down to within an inch or so of the ground and try to tip it over. It takes some force. You could tip it if you backed into it with the tractor but probably not by bumping into it while walking by. After I did that test I left the leg up and forgot about it. I don't see a problem putting it on a dolly. If after doing that test you think it might tip, just make the dolly long enough to provide a pad for the support leg.

/ Woodmaxx WM-8H on mobile base? #5  
I first thought it was for chipping to hold up large branches, but the manual says: "The support leg should be in the down position during storage only. When the chipper is attached to the tractor, the support leg should be in the up position at all times"

In that case I would ratchet strap it to the mobile base when moving it. Looks like the arm would be long enough to reach the floor when on the base.

The pictures of it on the Woodmaxx site shows the arm down attached to a tractor. Lol

/ Woodmaxx WM-8H on mobile base? #6  
Mine's on a large 4 wheeled dolly, in the corner of my shop. The leg is not down. 4+ years, no issues.

/ Woodmaxx WM-8H on mobile base? #7  
My Victory 8H is on a dolly I made from the shipping fixture. Supports the unit just fine-suppose you could put the legs down too.