Woodmizer lx25 sawmill

/ Woodmizer lx25 sawmill #31  
If you buy one from HF and put it together yourself isn't USA made..........
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1311&_nkw=bandsaw+mill&_sacat=0

I looked at those. Also the Hud-son, as shown in your link. They're only about 2-5 weeks out. I just can't get around their funky paint jobs, but they probably can forgo those.

I don't know if they're still in business but looked into a Thomas a couple of years ago. They seem to be pretty solid machines.

/ Woodmizer lx25 sawmill #32  
^^^^^^^
You're linking to Cadillacs, I"m looking for a USA made Yugo. :D

I looked at a used LM29 earlier this year. Nice looking machine but at 6K it was well out of my price range. I have no idea what they go for new but there's a company making them down in your neighborhood who would sell me a new one for that.
NO ONE in the US is "making" Norwood Lumbermates, they all come from Canada although someone may be assembling them in the US, and selling them here.

I've milled some logs on the LM29, it's a pretty good sawmill...

SR

/ Woodmizer lx25 sawmill #33  
I looked at those. Also the Hud-son, as shown in your link. They're only about 2-5 weeks out. I just can't get around their funky paint jobs, but they probably can forgo those.

I don't know if they're still in business but looked into a Thomas a couple of years ago. They seem to be pretty solid machines.

They seamed model T-ish to me, my 2 choices was Woodmizer or Norwood. It might be more people this year are getting into sawing their own lumber because of the higher prices at the the big box stores and lumber yards......

/ Woodmizer lx25 sawmill #34  
NO ONE in the US is "making" Norwood Lumbermates, they all come from Canada although someone may be assembling them in the US, and selling them here.

I've milled some logs on the LM29, it's a pretty good sawmill...

SR
Yes, I could have been much more clear and stated
"...but there's a company making mills down in your..."

This is the company I was referring to. Compare Bandsaw Models in Brooks, ME
They are located a couple of towns north of OldPath.

/ Woodmizer lx25 sawmill #35  
Woodland Mills is now 5-7 weeks out on any new orders. They told me they only had a handful left when I called yesterday, and they weren't kidding. When I talked to a nice gal there yesterday, she was able to give me specific dates for availability. Nov 26 is what I heard for the HM122. Dec 5 for the others. They were the only company to have specific dates for inventory. Everyone else I called was quoting vague ranges of "weeks" and the numbers kept getting worse the more I called around.

/ Woodmizer lx25 sawmill #36  
Woodland mill is just as good as any, they almost look like they ceramic blade guides instead of rollers.

/ Woodmizer lx25 sawmill #37  
^^^^^^^
You're linking to Cadillacs, I"m looking for a USA made Yugo. :D

I looked at a used LM29 earlier this year. Nice looking machine but at 6K it was well out of my price range. I have no idea what they go for new but there's a company making them down in your neighborhood who would sell me a new one for that.

At the risk of renewing a zombie post, my latest Northern Tool catalog has the LM29 listed at 5400-5600$ depending on the engine. The used one that I mentioned previously may have had a longer track or other options; yet it was still a used machine, for more money.

/ Woodmizer lx25 sawmill #38  
Old thread, I know, but I missed it.

Just got a new WM LX25, five months before it was supposed to be shipped. This replaces my 2013-ish HF bandsaw sawmill, which may be a copy of the 2009 Woodland design.

Lotsa time needed for assembly, so I have not cut anything yet. I am working on cutting some 15' beams to rest the bed on now, using a Lucas mill. I love the superior design of the bed on the WoodMizer.

Attachments

• LX25_1.jpg
    LX25_1.jpg
    484.9 KB · Views: 95
   / Woodmizer lx25 sawmill #39  
Still looking for other LX25 owners to share tips with. Not much on Arboristsite or ForestryForum. One guy on Utube.

I have cut with the WM, and love the winch-lift mech. That was primary reason I upgraded from the HF mill. The engine that comes with the WM is horribly underpowered at 208cc, and the upgrade (277cc) was an extra $300. That would bring it up to the HF (280cc), which still ain't enough.

Just got my replacement: 420cc, for about $300. To keep the weight down, I will go with remote fuel tank.

Attachments

• LX25_1.jpg
    LX25_1.jpg
    566.6 KB · Views: 83
   / Woodmizer lx25 sawmill #40  
My LX25, which I ordered on March 23, is supposed to be built on August 12. Hopefully I will have it by Labor Day weekend. I did pay for the engine upgrade which will be good enough to get me started. No doubt I will find things I would like to change.

Ironically, I went with the Woodmizer because it was easy to build and price, whereas getting any type of info from Norwood requires contacting them with each question. Yet the operating videos I've been watching on Youtube are put out by Norwood; easy to reference and very helpful for somebody like me who doesn't have a clue what I'm doing.