Work Pants

/ Work Pants #42  
These are great lightweight pants that last and last if you wear double front pants w/ knee pads. They stay looking good too. On sale this week with the pads for 50$. I wear a different version of the same pant and have for several years. HD usually ran those for 30- 35$ on sale w/o pads. The only thing that I'm wary of is welding with these. DEWALT ProTradesman Combo Men's 30 in. W x 31 in. L Black Polyester/Cotton/Elastane Stretch Work Pant with Knee Pad-DXWW50060-001-30/31 - The Home Depot

/ Work Pants #43  
If I'm going to plow the driveway, yard, mailbox - Eddie Bauer down pants. Along with my Eddie Bauer down jacket and gloves. If it's thinning my pine stands, in the spring - Duluth Trading Firehouse bibs.

Otherwise blue jeans from Prison Blues in Oregon.

Last edited:
   / Work Pants #45  
Like me, not a lot of visitors. Right Fuddy .......... Your post popped up on my email - almost split a gut. Every now and then I wear these around the property. My son refuses to ride with me in the pickup if I wear them.
Rain dance.jpeg

/ Work Pants #47  
I bought the shorts off a fire fighter clothing web site. The only problem - they are made of some fire resistant material and are pretty stiff. Brand is - BlakLader.

/ Work Pants #49  
Before I retired (2011) I wore Army cargo pants. I'd stuff an insane amount of things in the pockets, including a 11" laptop.
But the Army cargo pants/BDU's didn't hold up to my Mississippi briar patches.
I tried Propper, better but still a nogo.
Tried Carhart, nice but then about 2015 I tried Duluth Trading and stopped.
Duluth makes some fairly heavy cargo pants. I've some pairs I can stuff in
'knee pads" when I know I'm going to be kneeling a lot,
Loaded with tuckable 4-in-1 cargo pockets, double knee pouches that accept our knee pads
Their knee pads are $20/pair. I cut cardboard or some thin foam instead.
They also made a pair of "logger" pants, no cargo pockets, but had a double layer, which is thick enough almost to repel barbwire.
My one beef with Duluth is that they used to sell 13" cargo shorts which were great for me. Just about covered the knee. I really need a 14". But they cut back to max length of 11" :(

I've tried several other brands of shorts but none hold up like my Firehose.