Would a zero turn be faster than a B2601?

/ Would a zero turn be faster than a B2601? #51  
Can't say I agree with that. Depends on the deck.
I've owned zero turns, 3 point side and rear discharge mowers. My opinion the MMM I had on my old JD 850 ranked right up there with as good as if not better cut than any of them
A commercial ZTR can cut in half the time i.e. 45 minutes depending on how many trees etc and how rough the terrain is.

A ZTR is rougher on the grass with more tear up on turns.

/ Would a zero turn be faster than a B2601? #52  
A commercial ZTR can cut in half the time i.e. 45 minutes depending on how many trees etc and how rough the terrain is.

A ZTR is rougher on the grass with more tear up on turns.

That depends on how careful the operator is

/ Would a zero turn be faster than a B2601? #53  
My yards are sloped to hilly. 2 lakes. Zero-turn mowers are sometimes called "lake magnets" Also not nearly as much fun to run on slopes. Hard to mow faster if you consider the time spent sliding out and pulling equipment from the lake. My lawn tractor mower has a positrak peddle which is often times used.

/ Would a zero turn be faster than a B2601? #54  
I have 3 acres to mow, i use a 60" mid mount mower on my B2601 it takes me about a hour 20 min to mow the yard. I have been told a zero turn could cut that time in half is that true?

When i mow i do not back up i mow at a angle to reduce the wasted time backing up.

Thoughts?
I have 5.9 acres and use to mow it with my Kubota utility tractor. It took me 5.5 hours with the tractor and once I purchased my Ferris ZTR mower, I can now cut it in 2.5 hours.

/ Would a zero turn be faster than a B2601? #55  
Zero turn is great if you have tons of obstacles. The gas powered ones are fast but eat fuel like crazy. If you have long straight runs zero turn gets to be a chore to control. Zero turn is a one trick pony only cuts grass.

If your area is predominantly open a little diesel tractor is much more useful and economical. But going fast still takes HP. I can run 7km/h with a 72” with 30pto hp without ripping blades. Steering wheel is much less tiring than differential steer on long straight runs.

/ Would a zero turn be faster than a B2601? #56  
We bought 6 acres and I figured getting a tractor and 3 point PTO mower was the only way to go. I wish I would have figured out a zero turn is faster, more fun to drive, and a whole lot less expensive to maintain than the big 'old tractor. We would have gotten the tractor regardless for other things but it wouldn't have the more expensive hours on its meter now, they would have been on the cheap zero turn instead. Something to think about.

/ Would a zero turn be faster than a B2601? #57  
ZTR is better. It's lighter, faster, and more versatile. Coming from a MMM on an older kub, and a JD driving mower that I still have. 5 acres, hilly mixed terrain, lots trees. Scag 61" Kawi.

/ Would a zero turn be faster than a B2601? #58  
Zero turn is great if you have tons of obstacles. The gas powered ones are fast but eat fuel like crazy. If you have long straight runs zero turn gets to be a chore to control. Zero turn is a one trick pony only cuts grass.

If your area is predominantly open a little diesel tractor is much more useful and economical. But going fast still takes HP. I can run 7km/h with a 72” with 30pto hp without ripping blades. Steering wheel is much less tiring than differential steer on long straight runs.

Zero turns can utilize attachments ranging from snowplows to aerators, de-thatchers, sprayers, trimmers, etc.
Look on the Bad Boy site at all the attachments they offer.

/ Would a zero turn be faster than a B2601? #59  
I have 3 acres to mow, i use a 60" mid mount mower on my B2601 it takes me about a hour 20 min to mow the yard. I have been told a zero turn could cut that time in half is that true?

When i mow i do not back up i mow at a angle to reduce the wasted time backing up.

Thoughts?
I mow 8 -10 acres. I bought a 61" Scag 2yrs ago mainly because l did not want the hrs put on my tractor. I'm rural, slight incline, and TREES! Takes 4 1/2 - 5 hrs. Pros: l can get under trees, l feel more comfortable with a low center of gravity. I can see what's in front of me easy (weak eyes). Cons: ROUGH ride, no suspension like the high dollar models. Burns near a full tank per mow. With turf tires, slips or winchout can take place due to wet areas. Your area to cut will let you decide your needs...

/ Would a zero turn be faster than a B2601? #60  
Zero turn is great if you have tons of obstacles. Zero turn is a one trick pony only cuts grass.
Not true, there are other quality tools to put on the front of my zero turn. Mine does a GREAT job with a sno-blower on it, yes it works really good as a sno-blower! There's also brooms, blades and other tools for it too.

Mines Kubota diesel powered, so it's quite fuel efficient to run too.

SR