Would you return a defective $2.99 item?

/ Would you return a defective $2.99 item? #21  
Well I guess that is the difference between you and me, I try to do things correctly, and if or when I find out I totally f’ed up, I want to acknowledge it and learn from it.
🥸

Maybe not all the time?

MoKelly

/ Would you return a defective $2.99 item? #22  
I've stopped at a particular Mcd's every morning for the past 5+years, coffee and a blueberry muffin. (It's been bought out a few months back by a different group.) Got the usual one morning, drinking my coffee at work and went to eat the muffin and it was like a brick. Figure ok, s**t happens, next morning got the same, went to eat it, again, hard as a rock. Next morning got to the drivethru,
'Coffee and a bb muffin please, don't charge me for the muffin as yesterdays was inedible"
Got to the window and he tried to charge me for the muffin:,
"You no want muffin?"
"Yes but you're not going to charge me for it as the last two were like bricks...I have it here (which I did actually)"
"you have receipt?" Who the he77 keeps a receipt for a coffee and muffin?
"nope but I do have the muffin".........silence
"You have to pay"
"i will....for the coffee"
"Give me muffin" which I did and he grabbed it out of my hand, looked at it and threw it in the garbage. He mumbled something to the young girl and she gave him a warm muffin out of the oven which he proceeded to pass to me. I took it, my coffee and put it in my cupholder, turned back to the window and proceeded to tear him a new one.
" Your customer service sucks as does your attitude and it will be the last time I darken your door," (drive thru really LOL)
Yup it was only 99 cents but as a couple have stated, it was the principle............Mike

/ Would you return a defective $2.99 item? #23  
I'll be returning a floating pool thermometer to HD, something like $5

Why? It doesn't work. How can a thermometer not work? Beats me, but in open air of 70 degrees, it only read 40 ... the same 40 it had read for three days floating in 60 degree water.

/ Would you return a defective $2.99 item?
Maybe not all the time?

MoKelly
What get's me about his rant is that rather than giving it to a UPS driver while accepting a delivery on Thursday, I chose to drive to the UPS packaging store 55 miles away to make sure that it got treated properly. They accepted it without a problem and it's on the way back to the point of origin.

At least it gives him something to rant about. I haven't been the recipient of his criticism for quite some time and was feeling left out. :D

/ Would you return a defective $2.99 item? #25  
Now I've got a fight with Lowe’s and Hardi. I'm building 2 buildings, a house and a separate garage. Maybe 3000 sf total. This time Im using the good stuff.

I bought prepainted Hardi Plank for the siding. About 2 days into the job the siding guy says....senior, we have a problem. You know how many times I heard that?

Long story short, a % of the planks had a manufacturing defect. It looks like a hardi mole left his mark!

Here's the problem......I don't have enough material to finish the job and I guess lead time is way out there? I called Lowe's 3 times Friday and spoke to 3 friendly, but not so helpful customer service folks at the pro desk. They had no clue how to reorder 70 more planks. They have my original order right in front of them on their all powerful computer and can't figure it out.

They asked me to call back Monday when the more senior guy is there! First of all....customer service seems to be how long they can stare at their stupid computer and go click click click. I've got hours and hours standing there watching them type at the speed of light....with very few results. And they don't dare make eye contact!

I DID NOT EVEN MENTION the defected material. Can you imagine one of them trying to integrate a return and a new order? I used to do it all the time, with a PENCIL! IMHO one of the biggest problems with returns is the POS (point of sale) cash registers they use. Way way way to complicated for new hires to learn...and that's all they got, new hires.

I wish I could put every bit wienie software dude in the lowe's customer service line and watch them stare at their shoes.
EEC01A16-9612-4FBA-BAD2-386F408979FF.jpeg

/ Would you return a defective $2.99 item? #26  
What get's me about his rant is that rather than giving it to a UPS driver while accepting a delivery on Thursday, I chose to drive to the UPS packaging store 55 miles away to make sure that it got treated properly. They accepted it without a problem and it's on the way back to the point of origin.

At least it gives him something to rant about. I haven't been the recipient of his criticism for quite some time and was feeling left out. :D
Haha. As long as you like to continue to exhibit your ignorance of rules and regulations for all of TBN, have at it!

/ Would you return a defective $2.99 item? #27  
My wife and I stopped at a McDonalds off the interstate and ordered two quarter pounders with just ketchup. As we pulled back on the interstate we found out we had everything except ketchup. I had occasion to stop at the same McDonalds several weeks later. I went inside, order, paid and then asked to speak to a manager. I explained what happened last time and told her since we did eat the burgers, if she could just throw in an apple pie we would be good. When I got my order the fries were supersized, and I got three apple pies. To me that is customer service.

Doug in SW IA

/ Would you return a defective $2.99 item?
My wife and I stopped at a McDonalds off the interstate and ordered two quarter pounders with just ketchup. As we pulled back on the interstate we found out we had everything except ketchup. I had occasion to stop at the same McDonalds several weeks later. I went inside, order, paid and then asked to speak to a manager. I explained what happened last time and told her since we did eat the burgers, if she could just throw in an apple pie we would be good. When I got my order the fries were supersized, and I got three apple pies. To me that is customer service.

Doug in SW IA
About 20 years ago at a Burger King I ordered and paid for a "Double Whopper" at the drive thru. After biting into it I discovered that it was missing a pattie. I went back to the restaurant, went inside to the counter, and showed the girl my receipt and sandwich with one bite missing.
There was no "Sorry", or anything, she just threw it out and ordered another. While I was waiting I couldn't resist; I turned to the people behind me and said "It was tough not to ask her "Where's the BEEF?" I got a few chuckles from that, although you have to be of a certain age to know what I was referring to.

/ Would you return a defective $2.99 item? #29  
Yes I would return a $2.99 item if it was broken or not working.

/ Would you return a defective $2.99 item? #30  
I am getting cheaper the last couple years. In times past if I needed 10# of deck screws I would likely buy a 25# box for possible future use. I would just store them in the bins at home. Might be good for 10 years before they are used up.

Same with over buying plumbing or electrical parts. Same with plywood or lumber. It generally gets used up in time.

Now if I overbought a few bolts or 2x4s or electrical fittings of some sort I will likely take them back if they allow it. I have bought an odd sized bolt for 5o cents and have taken it back because it would get lost in the garage anyway. If I was overcharged a dime I would bring it up. It seems I am never under charged for anything.

I am not concerned if it was my fault for overbuying because of plan changes or just screwing up, extra stuff will go back. Faulty stuff will go back even if it was any amount.