X739 reverse button

/ X739 reverse button #11  
Not if actually sure if you meant say "HOLD". All you really need to do is push the button before your foot makes contact with the reverse pedal. Once you make contact with your foot you can release the button. It took me awhile to get this but now I don't even think about it. Left hand push the button, Right foot on pedal and right hand on the steering wheel. You still have the option of using the override on the PTO lever.

So if you don't think about it I have to ask if you look behind you first every time? I look behind me and try to be aware of any one who is approaching me but I am not giving up on outside work out of fear and bullshit.

/ X739 reverse button #12  
Problem is other operators have been careless and caused injury or death.
Kids just love to run behind a lawn tractor and try to climb on for a ride.

/ X739 reverse button #13  
Problem is other operators have been careless and caused injury or death.
Kids just love to run behind a lawn tractor and try to climb on for a ride.

Good parenting should not be the responsibility of Deere or other manufacturers. I for one would not mow with young children or pets in the yard and should add that string trimmers can be even more dangerous.

/ X739 reverse button #14  
Idiots will be idiots, RIO or no RIO.

I would never mow with small kids in the yard. Doing that is just asking for trouble.

Pulling a switch or flipping a lever before backing up is just as dangerous as backing up without one. If you don't look in either case you can run over someone.

/ X739 reverse button #15  
I would submit that the act of holding a button or lever actually impedes your ability to turn around and look.

/ X739 reverse button #16  
Good parenting should not be the responsibility of Deere or other manufacturers. I for one would not mow with young children or pets in the yard and should add that string trimmers can be even more dangerous.

I've had the youngest slip away form his Mother several times to chase the garden tractor, hoping to get a ride or to drive. Took many azz beatings to cure him of the habit.

/ X739 reverse button #17  
I would submit that the act of holding a button or lever actually impedes your ability to turn around and look.

I once backed over some flowers fiddling around with one of these safety buttons.

Cub Cadet offers a feature to turn the switch a certain way then this is disabled for one mowing section.
JD should do the same.

/ X739 reverse button #18  
Take the switch out of the dash. Pull the lugs off. Make a short jumper with opposite sex lugs. Install jumper. Put switch back in dash. No need to hold switch any longer. Don't tell anyone you did it.;)