XG3025 Recall

/ XG3025 Recall #71  
An update on our now in the shop, in two major parts, XG3025H, 2016.

We drove over to Trenton, FL, our now LS dealer. This was to put eyes on the progress.
This first pix is of the back half of the LS & the front part is marked by its left front wheel.
Standing tall & shiny black is the new replacement frame & next to that is the new blue FEL mounts bolted together fresh out of the shipping crate.
Behind all that is the rear half of the tractor. Motor is just sitting on the deck. Will show a better angle of the black frame in another pix. IMG_0097.jpg
Hope this better shows the new frame.
IMG_0109.jpg
This third & fourth pix should show the addition of the highly reenforced frame section
IMG_0097 (1).jpg
IMG_0099.jpg

/ XG3025 Recall #72  
This is a new addition to the tractor.
It's called the Motor Subframe. It is very thick plate & could be nearly called a protection skid plate, for two locations down under.
IMG_0111.jpg
Another pix of the triple flat bar used & the cross member. This is the super beefed up area.
IMG_0119.jpg
Old frame, note cross member area.
IMG_0118.jpg

Last edited:
   / XG3025 Recall #73  
Wow that is massively thicker than the original frame. It just tells me that the previous one was under engineered. This bothered me so much I traded mine for a XG3135 which has a much heavier frame and FEL mounts. I just wasn't willing to have to deal with these issues later so I just got out. I'm glad yours is being repaired the right way.

Last edited:
   / XG3025 Recall #74  
Here is the shim that was going to be used if there had not been a leak &/or ''stretch'' taken place.
Otherwise things would be a WHOLE LOT cheaper.
IMG_0112.jpg

Trikejay, you bring up another direction we are considering.
The Trenton LS Dealer (Derrick) has a 2017 NEW, XG3037 in their lot. Thinking about a swap plus some more from my end.
Just know nothing about this years tractor, concerning its possible issues.

Sure it's 50% more HP but note, there's the smog bender. The tech guy (Stan) said the frame is stronger on the XG3037.
But it is not an H. Wife drove a few of their new LS rigs around & all were non H. She said, just a couple more things to operate but all learnable.
Boy do I like this lady.
I notice it still had the H-M-L selection plus the 1-2-3-4 gear selection.
We both preferred the bucket control knob over the XG3025.

Will say that this LS dealership sure is a lot friendlier than the selling dealer.
These guys have been answering all of our questions or we are directed (w/ a phone #) to the factory rep.

Didn't mean to get side tracked here.

/ XG3025 Recall #75  
See that shim is completely different than what they did to mine. I don't know. The only model I have heard of any other frame problems was the 3039. Which I believe to me looks like exactly the same as they 3025 frame. The 3039 was discontinued when the emissions crap started. Here's a thread on that. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/ls-tractor-owning-operating/298742-ls-frame-issue-video.html

I know most people will disagree but I prefer the shuttle shift transmission over the hydrostatic. I haven't looked at the XG3037 I would assume it
would have the heavier frame like the 3135. Mine has the joystick control for the loader. It puts it in a much more comfortable position. It's basically where your arm naturally lays. Another nice thing about shuttle shift transmission is you can keep it at idle all the time and use the foot throttle. It'll save you fuel since it's not staying at higher RPMs all the time. I've had mine about a week now and I can't find anything I don't like about it. I originally bought the 3025 because I didn't want to deal with the emissions garbage but with these models there's no DEF fluid or anything so there's really nothing more to maintain. And yeah of course it did cost me a bit to trade up but in the long run I think it'll be worth it plus the extra horsepower is nice.

/ XG3025 Recall #76  
Here is my new XG3135.

Attachments

• 3135 2.jpg
    3135 2.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 242
  • 3135.jpg
    3135.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 285
   / XG3025 Recall #77  
That doesn't appear to be much larger.
Are those front tires a bit shorter than the 3025 or it it that the back tires are much taller ?

/ XG3025 Recall #78  
No I think it's an optical illusion. I believe they all have the same size tires until you get into the 40 horsepower tractors. If it were me and if if they were replacing my engine and beefing up the frame the way they're beefing yours up I would just stick with the 3025 if your happy with it.

/ XG3025 Recall #79  
size-wise the tractor is I believe 3 in longer. Other than that I believe almost every Dimension is about the same.

/ XG3025 Recall #80  
Thanks, we do enjoy working w/ our XG3025H.
Sure more power or strength is always better to have when needed. & then you always think you (we) need just a little more....
But usually we are able to work around whatever limitations this tractor has.

Much of our tractor activity is giving a hand to others. It just cuts down on the back breaking task that seem to expand the older we get. YES, talking from this end of the key board.

Good tractor, good chain saw & good foul weather gear....WE really have nothing to complain about.