XJ2025H ballast

/ XJ2025H ballast #1  

HP942

Silver Member
Tractor
LS XJ2025H
I’m contemplating recycling an old 3pt carryall into a counter balance / tool carrier. By the time I add some concrete, treated wood floor and sides for the box, the frame and the typical tools, chains, etc, I’m guessing about 675#, plus both rear tires are filled. I’m guessing that should be about right. I believe my 6’ box blade weighs about the same. This build should give me a more compact weight without the bulk/width of the blade and a tool caddy as well. Thoughts?

Last edited:
   / XJ2025H ballast #2  
Sounds like a good plan.

/ XJ2025H ballast #3  
I’m contemplating recycling an old 3pt carryall into a counter balance / tool carrier. By the time I add some concrete, treated wood floor and sides for the box, the frame and the typical tools, chains, etc, I’m guessing about 675#, plus both rear tires are filled. I’m guessing that should be about right. I believe my 6’ box blade weighs about the same. This build should give me a more compact weight without the bulk of the blade and a tool caddy as well. Thoughts?
Also, if you can find something like old free bricks, grab some and you can use them for extra weight when needed. Just line the bottom with a couple rows (about 100lbs cu/ft) and throw a piece of plywood on top to use as a floor/shelf.

/ XJ2025H ballast #4  
Yeah, I'm thinking the same.
It doesn't make sense to put a block of weight back there that hasn't any other use.
A carry all can be used for so much more. And when you need more weight, just put it on the carry all.

/ XJ2025H ballast #5  
Yeah, I'm thinking the same.
It doesn't make sense to put a block of weight back there that hasn't any other use.
A carry all can be used for so much more. And when you need more weight, just put it on the carry all.
Great idea, killing several birds with one stone.