Comparison Yanamar LX4900 HST vs Kioti Dk45se HST

/ Yanamar LX4900 HST vs Kioti Dk45se HST #41  
Will send pics as soon as I receive tractor. As to pricing, I was asked not to share (and I said I wouldn't). Maybe I shouldn't have said that but once I did I kind of keep my promises. But my sense from having looked at all I could find on the net, I think the tractor was at the lower end of what I have seen published or, on contact with sellers, offered by others for a like all cash deal for a 2013 yanmar. So I guess I did ok but then gave back anything I saved and more in dual rear remotes, front hydraulic adds wight three function remote. And then implements really racked it up. But at end of day, it wasn't price that tipped it. Kioti was actually a little better on price and a couple of features. Just after multiple quick rides, the Yanmar just felt better.

Next I need to think about a structure that isn't too expensive where I can keep all of this stuff.

My experience was much the same. I had been looking at tractors until I was just tired of it. Something about each left me looking. I liked the Kioti, and the LS seemed almost as good and the price almost won me several times, then I would go to Kubota because it was better supported. Back and forth I went. Wasn't even thinking of Yanmar. Wouldn't have even if someone mentioned it but I saw one sitting on a dealership lot, and remembered that this was the object of a Craig's listing I had seen a few days ago. I did a quick turn, took a test ride, was really pleased. Just chalked it up to I must be in a good mood today and I came home and started looking up information. Once I found out what yanmar was I was very cautions about purchasing a tractor with such few dealers etc, etc, but I went back and checked out a few things by test driving it again and it just felt better. Once that engine warms up and you put it to work you realize you have something here. The drive train is very tight, less slack that I was experiencing, It is quieter than most, not by a big difference but nevertheless quieter. My ears ring if I don't use head sets on all the tractors I drove, not on the Yanmar. Drove it another time or two to make sure I wasn't missing something and finally just said this is what I want, I hope it works out. I got the rear remotes thrown in on a negotiation and wish I had closed on the front hydraulics now. I wasn't real clear on how important that might be until I started researching grapples. Another 1100 will get the factory kit and there may be other cheaper deals.

Anyway I take delivery tomorrow. And the shopping is over. Now to make it through withdrawal, and making peace with no cab.

My first job is to renovate a barn for toy storage. Come on spring.

And I want a bush hog that will make that turbo sing. May take 7 footer to do it.

/ Yanamar LX4900 HST vs Kioti Dk45se HST #42  
Congrats on the new Yanmar. Sounds nice a nice tractor.

/ Yanamar LX4900 HST vs Kioti Dk45se HST #43  
Help me, I am a newbee..what do I use two for? Seems I have one installed for the backhoe, will be adding a line to the loader so i can use a grapple. but why else two?

Top-N-Tilt ------ a cylinder to replace your top link on the 3pt and a cylinder to replace one of the down links so you can tilt implements. that uses two sets and so if you have it you would have to unhook the grapple etc. Many others I am not thinking of right now. such as pull behind implements that use hydraulics. Who wants to unhook grapple to run wood splitter etc.

/ Yanamar LX4900 HST vs Kioti Dk45se HST #44  
Congrats on the LX! Obviously pics will be required.....:thumbsup:

As for structures, I'm on board with the "less expensive" version of storage.....carolina carports as well. Got a 24' X 41" enclosed with 2 10'X 10' rollup doors installed for around 8500. I do need to get the ceiling foamed, it loves to sweat..... 506.jpg501.jpg

/ Yanamar LX4900 HST vs Kioti Dk45se HST #45  
Congrats on the LX! Obviously pics will be required.....:thumbsup:

As for structures, I'm on board with the "less expensive" version of storage.....carolina carports as well. Got a 24' X 41" enclosed with 2 10'X 10' rollup doors installed for around 8500. I do need to get the ceiling foamed, it loves to sweat.....View attachment 368158View attachment 368159

Foaming the ceileing is probably a good idea, but I added 2 vents on the side on each end , and it helped tremendously. I think turbine vents or a continuous ridge vent would be better, but I could not figure any way to do it. as you cannot walk on the roof.

/ Yanamar LX4900 HST vs Kioti Dk45se HST #46  
Foaming the ceileing is probably a good idea, but I added 2 vents on the side on each end , and it helped tremendously. I think turbine vents or a continuous ridge vent would be better, but I could not figure any way to do it. as you cannot walk on the roof.

Thanks K0ua,

I was thinking about that in lieu of the foaming, which will cost around 1500.....:eek: Did it eliminate the condensation completely, or somewhat? It's raining in my building at times, which defeats the purpose of the enclosed storage......

/ Yanamar LX4900 HST vs Kioti Dk45se HST #47  
Thanks K0ua,

I was thinking about that in lieu of the foaming, which will cost around 1500.....:eek: Did it eliminate the condensation completely, or somewhat? It's raining in my building at times, which defeats the purpose of the enclosed storage......

I would put it about 80 percent better. I just did it last fall, and I need to go thru more time and weather variables to be sure, but it seems to be a definite big improvement. If you had power in the building ( I dont) and ran a small fan to draw air thru all the time it would probably eliminate it totally.
I think 2 or 3 wind powered turbine vents would work perfectly, but I could not figure a way to install them. Why not try the vents, they are low cost, low effort, and if it doesn't solve it completely in your climate, then you haven't lost much.

/ Yanamar LX4900 HST vs Kioti Dk45se HST #48  
That sounds like a good plan, think I will try it and monitor. I also dont have power to the building. I was wondering about climbing on the roof, and the turbine vents sounds good, but also unsure of climbing around on that metal....and getting a good seal on the vents as well.....

Appreciate the suggestion!

Frank

/ Yanamar LX4900 HST vs Kioti Dk45se HST #49  
That sounds like a good plan, think I will try it and monitor. I also dont have power to the building. I was wondering about climbing on the roof, and the turbine vents sounds good, but also unsure of climbing around on that metal....and getting a good seal on the vents as well.....

Appreciate the suggestion!

Frank

By the way I used Stainless Steel hardware to fasten the vents to the sheet metal, and when I cut the sheet metal out I spray painted the cut edges with clear Krylon paint. The idea is to prevent rusting and staining the building. The cutting was no fun, I used a sabresaw, but there is nothing to press against, and was difficult to cut. If you come up with something better let me know:thumbsup: