Yanmar FX32D fuel filter

/ Yanmar FX32D fuel filter #1  

Peterchris

Tractor
Yanmar FX32D
It's probably time to change the fuel filter on my Yanmar FX32D. I see that Hoye has a filter for that tractor, but it looks like it's going to be too big. I measured the glass that it fits into, and it measures about 3" tall and 1.75" wide. The Hoye website has one that is 3.5" tall and 1.9" wide. I've attached a photo of the glass filter canister. (By the way this looks kind of small for an engine of that size.) I wonder if what I have is not original for that engine.

IMG_0236.jpg

/ Yanmar FX32D fuel filter #2  
I wonder if what I have is not original for that engine.
There were two common lengths on the earlier YM's and that looks like the shorter one.

I think only the longer one is considered standard now, with support from Wix etc.

If you don't see the shorter element listed, just order a filter element, a new bowl, and an o-ring at the same time. Assuming you have space there for the longer bowl.

/ Yanmar FX32D fuel filter #3  
It's probably time to change the fuel filter on my Yanmar FX32D. I see that Hoye has a filter for that tractor, but it looks like it's going to be too big. I measured the glass that it fits into, and it measures about 3" tall and 1.75" wide. The Hoye website has one that is 3.5" tall and 1.9" wide. I've attached a photo of the glass filter canister. (By the way this looks kind of small for an engine of that size.) I wonder if what I have is not original for that engine.

View attachment 729235

I can't seem to see where the filter is in the image.

/ Yanmar FX32D fuel filter #5  
I'm showing 2 filters for a FX32 Fred. FF-3263 3.49" tall 1.378" OD. and FF-3507 3.50 Tall 1.969" OD. I would take that one to a NAPA and the FF# with you.

/ Yanmar FX32D fuel filter
Thanks, everyone, for the help. I don't know if there's space for the larger filter bowl. Will check tomorrow. Will also take the old element out and see if Fredericks or NAPA can match it.