YKMT43 tiller oil leaking between bearing and tiller shaft. With pics any ideas

/ YKMT43 tiller oil leaking between bearing and tiller shaft. With pics any ideas #31  
I figured it out. I had the chain box overfilled and it was leaking. I also used a shaft to bearing View attachment 759425
seal called FAS LOK 80 that I got at the bearing shop.
Lesson learned about overfilling chainbox for me.
Not too long ago, someone else overfilled the chainbox. We learned the fill line is about 2/3rds up from the bottom.

FAS LOK 80 sound just like Loctite 290 comparing it on-line. Neither are cheap either.

/ YKMT43 tiller oil leaking between bearing and tiller shaft. With pics any ideas #32  
Not too long ago, someone else overfilled the chainbox. We learned the fill line is about 2/3rds up from the bottom.

FAS LOK 80 sound just like Loctite 290 comparing it on-line. Neither are cheap either.
They aren't cheap, but when you need them, you need them, and @gt14 clearly needed it.

I have a little cache of various Locktite products for the various uses, and I never begrudge their use because they work so well in their intended uses, and it rarely takes much. Early on I learned the hard way never to use the high strength just because it was there; I think that the label should read "Use for fasteners that you intend to destroy if their removal is ever needed". Doh!

@gt14 I am glad that you got it sorted out.

All the best,

Peter

/ YKMT43 tiller oil leaking between bearing and tiller shaft. With pics any ideas
The compound is very expensive $36 I was shocked